Ideas for Boy's 'Flower Garden' Room

My kids' room has a flower/butterfly garden theme. It was designed for my oldest daughter, now she and my son share the room. I am trying to convert it into his room but keeping the overall theme.
The room has 3-4 foot high grass painted all around the walls. Right now it has 3D flowers on the walls and butterflies hanging from the ceiling. The colors are lime green, aqua blue, orange, pink, and yellow. Mostly green blue and yellow.
Anyway - I am going to paint/hang some dragonflies but can not think of any other bugs, animals or garden themed accessories that are more boyish. I need flying bugs or things to go up on the walls rather than things to go on the grass - frogs or anything green would just blend into the grass. My only ideas are dragonflies and mushrooms!!

oporb

Asked by oporb at 9:08 PM on Jul. 7, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• This is sooo cute! I love it! What about bumble bees or garter snakes? Oh or snails too!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 9:16 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Oh and grass hoppers too! You can make them hopping in the air that way they won't blend in. At first I thought spiders, but they might give it too much of a Halloween feel.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 9:17 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Lizards would be cute too.

MAUREEN55

Answer by MAUREEN55 at 9:19 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Add some trees, lizards, bugs. Get rid of the flowers and girly colors. Go with more bold and primary colors. Frogs are a good idea too. Snails, bees, etc.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:51 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• if he has a twin bed or bigger...you could paint a frame to look like his barn or some sort of guyish tool shed. i can picture it but hard to describe
    but even bringing in a little maroon color with some deeper greens would coordinate...i think =)
    Penny817

Answer by Penny817 at 1:15 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• Paint a large tree in the corner of the room and add an owl and some lizards to it.  In the air add some bees, airplanes, baloons,  and birds. add some glow in the dark star stickers to the ceiling.

But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:30 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• some hanging airplanes would be good to.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:31 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• I was thinking a flying dragon. With a medieval castle. With more primary colors rather than pastels. Swords over his bed? Can you tell I love fairy tales?
    CelticFaerie

Answer by CelticFaerie at 7:34 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• You can do birds.
    emtgirl885

Answer by emtgirl885 at 8:06 AM on Jul. 9, 2009

• There was a super cute "tent" in FAMILYFUN magazine last month. They used a hoola hoop and muslin or canvas fabric and green felt on top (like a peterpan style top) and hung it from the ceiling. it was super cute and they added plastic grasshoppers to the outside. Im sure you can look it up on thier website.
    momofaedan

Answer by momofaedan at 11:57 PM on Jul. 10, 2009