Has anyone ever paid it forward?

I'm a Christian and believe definitely to ask God for help in any situation you find yourself needing guidance. With that said, someone randomly did something nice for me today. As I was driving thru taco bell for my medium pepsi at lunch, I pull up to drive thru window and noticed an unfamiliar face ready to take my money. $1.79, she said. To which I started to hand her my card. She quickly waved it away saying- "I'm not going to swipe that for that small amount, go ahead and go." To which I smiled, thanked her very much, and thought, "how genuinly nice". Well.......

Danishlady

Asked by Danishlady at 9:08 PM on Jul. 7, 2009 in Just for Fun

Level 1 (-340 Credits)
  • The rest of the day a voice inside me kept saying, "Pay it forward". I seized my opportunity without realizing it. A new lady at work needed to borrow something from my classroom(I'm a teacher). I quickly dismissed her and told her I did not think I had that item(not even bothering to look). As she was leaving for the day, I watched her walk to the pkng lot, and quickly went to cupboard to search for what she needed. I immediately found it, hollered her name from across pkng lot, and she came in and was so very happy somebody had taken the time to find the last item she needed to complete her craft. I really felt like a winner and will stretch myself to continue to "pay it forward".
    Danishlady

Answer by Danishlady at 9:12 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• yes. I do it all the time. My family taught it to me as a young child. I passed it on to my kids and grandkids. They thought the movie was made from our family's idea! lol
    Anonymous

• About once I month, when I go through the drive-through I will pay for the person's meal behind me. I also try to be courtesy when on the road. For example, if someone needs out of a parking lot, I try to let them out if possible so they don't have to wait any longer. I love to pay it forward, it gives me a good feeling and makes my day.

Anonymous

• Yes, while on our annual Disney vacation this past May we had just arrived and were killing some time before our dinner reservation by going to the Disney Market Place and when we got out of our van another family who was ending their vacation asked us if we could use some unopened bottled water and we said sure and they gave my husband a half of case of water because they couldn't take it with them on the plane. From that point on I thought it would be great for us to pay it forward every chance we got.

While using our snack credits to purchase our snacks we would purchase the person behind us an Mickey Ice cream treat or cold drink without them knowing it and walk away. As we walked away we would hear "no, it's been taken care of by that woman/man/kid who was just here". Some times we got looks other times we were thanked and we would just simply say 'you're welcome, now pay it forward'. That helped make our 12 days.
    Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 9:38 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Also, it's something we've kept doing. Paying for not only our toll but the person's behind us as we're driving to the beach. My 11yr old went into the Burger King just today and purchased with her own money two gift cards ($5 each) and went outside and gave it to a mom and her kids who were holding a sign that said they were hungry and wanted to get some food). She said while it wouldn't change their lives forever it would at least get them something to eat today so they could see another tomorrow. The mother cried and told me I was raising a good girl.
    Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 9:43 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I deliver pizza and one night last year I was at work. I was having a bad day and not having a good night (tip wise). My daughter had to go to the doctor and we really didn't have the money for the co-pay but had to since she kept spiking high fevers. Anyway I delivered to a house (I will never forget the address) and knocked on the door. A lady came to the door I smiled and gave her her pizza. She handed me some folded bills and said "pay it forward" and shut the door quickly. I got back into my car and counted the bills.......it was $80.00 her pizza was $38.00. So I got a $42.00 tip. I cried my eyes out. I eventually paid it forward to a waitress in a local coffee shop. It feels good to do for others. I like the paying for the customers behind you deal, I think I might do that one day.
    luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 1:06 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• When my first husband and I were having our first xmas with our DD we were completely broke and couldn't afford anything. Someone from the church we barely attended came by and gave us a check for $300 to give her a christmas. It meant so much to me that when we rec'd a small settlement from a car accident 3 months later the very first thing we did before paying off anything was to cut a check for $300 and give it to the church asking them to please pass it on to another family that xmas.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:17 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• monday i was traveling home from indiana with my SO and our kids.We hit something in the road and had a tire blow out in this small town on the side of a highway.SO goes to get the jack out and it breaks and then we quickly realize we are stuck.Only store open was a mcdonalds where we sat for a couple of hours and waited trying to find a tow truck or trying to get ahold of family.Well first a older couple that had seen me crying because i am so emotional being pregnant and all came up and asked were we broke down.I told them our story and she said here is 50 for food or a hotel if you need it.I told her we couldn't accept it but she said just remember this one day when you see someone in your situation.then while waiting for a tow truck another family called a friend who owned a service.He Changed our tire rim and all and the family paid for the service.I asked if we could do anything for them and they said no.................
    ilovemylilymae

Answer by ilovemylilymae at 12:05 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• we've all been there. if not for those two families we would of been stuck for a long time.I am so grateful for them.god bless them.

ilovemylilymae

Answer by ilovemylilymae at 12:39 PM on Jul. 8, 2009