Do you shop at Trader Joe's?

So I read on a post today that Trader Joe's has good quality groceries for a pretty low price. I've never been, but I have one about 30 minutes from here. Worth going?

AprilDJC

Asked by AprilDJC at 9:11 PM on Jul. 7, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I'm not a huge fan of Trader Joes but I do shop there about once a month. Their orchids are way cheap, and I like one in my bathroom so I go whenever it dies. They do not have everything that regular stores do, so don't go there with a list. Some of the stuff is quite a bit cheaper. They have the absolute best lamb chops there is, which I always buy there and their flowers really good value. Often their parking lots are a joke and the "hippy" crew love it there so expect a lot of uptight yoga women.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:29 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• Trader Joes..low prices? Bawhhhhahhahahahahahahah that a joke. Their food is great stuff..but it is PRICEY.
    Anonymous

• I love Trader Joe's but there isn't one that is close by. Their prices are good on things like granola which is generally more expensive anyway. I haven't been in a long time but they stock a lot of really fun and healthy snacks. It's at least worth checking out and seeing how it stacks up to your regular store. Plus you can get stuff there that you can't get at the regular store.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 9:19 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• We do shop at TJ's from time to time and yes the food tastes good and the quality is some of the best I've seen in a grocery store( tons of organic foods); but it can be pricey. What organic food is cheap anyway? It's not a place where we shop on a weekly basis but when we have dinner parties, or there something we crave from there we have no problem dropping in on TJ's, we have one just 10 mins from our house.
    Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 9:24 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I have been going there for ten years and I wouldn't say the prices are much different. I don't mind paying for quality.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 9:48 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• do they take food stamps?
    Anonymous

• The Trader Joes is 45 minutes away from me but it is a great place to shop. I think the prices are reasonable and there food is pretty healthy. We buy wine there,too and it is good and inexpensive. I wish it was closer to me. I would shop there all the time. I have no idea if they take food stamps. You could call them.
    Anonymous

• I loved TJ's when I lived in MA and there was one in every other town. We have one in Nashville but it's 20 miles across town from me and I haven't felt like making the trek yet. Now I'm craving some of their dark chocolate-covered soy nuts so I may head over there this weekend. Thanks for the inspiration!
    zorrokat

Answer by zorrokat at 12:42 AM on Jul. 8, 2009