Catholic/Religious tattoos

what do you think? I just saw a picture of Our Lady of Guadalupe as a tattoo. I thought i was pretty.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:13 PM on Jul. 7, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Anonymous

• It is pretty, but I think that it would depend who has it. Most people that I know, who are truly faithful and have deep love for God would never get a tattoo of any kind, much less of a religious matter. People whom I know, that do have a religious tattoo usually do it as more of a cultural thing. The people who I know that have religious tattoos, don't go to Church, and don't know much of the meanings behind the images. In some of these cases I would consider it a sacrilege. But of course, I don't know their true faith, and for all I know they are closer to God than I am.
    Anonymous

• My husband has a religious tattoo - its a cross - and I'm working on a design for one (pretty cross with a heart). For us its something that is very personal, as our faith is the most important part of our life together (we both want to go into ministry, me as a minister and he as a minister of music). We don't feel tattoos go against God in any way, and we feel its a tribute to our faith and relationship with Him. Its kind of a way to have God with us wherever we go, too, like wearing a special cross necklace, except permanent, if you get what I mean.
    So to some people it is a deep and personal thing.
    =)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 9:34 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• i think where the church finds wrong..from what ive been reading (and trust me ive been reading about church's and tats since im tatted up)....is that your tattoo can not something you worship..can not be something where you feel YOU should be awed upon and given praise for it....

so in other words, no praying to his tattoo.....

but if that is true...............what about when ppl look at pictures of the virgin mary or statues and pray? is that not the same
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 9:56 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• http://www.cafemom.com/photos/view.php?photo_id=9515681&ct=mine
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 9:58 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I know some very Godly people who have tattoos that express their faith
    Ilovemy5joys

Answer by Ilovemy5joys at 10:10 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Catholics do not worship statues.  I have a statue of the Virgin Mary in my home, and we by no means worship it. 

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:14 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• i was saying for those that go by that...i knew a woman who was cath. and she kissed her statue regurally
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 12:34 AM on Jul. 8, 2009