How has prayer turned your life around?

Danishlady

Asked by Danishlady at 9:15 PM on Jul. 7, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

Level 1 (-340 Credits)
  • It helped me keep my mind more positive and get through some awful dark times.
    whistlemom3

Answer by whistlemom3 at 9:17 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I was doing some really stupid stuff during my early 20s, which is only a few years ago as I'm almost 25. One day I just said enough was enough, and I prayed long and hard that night, that I wanted to lead a better life and stop what I was doing. I'm not religious and I don't go to church, but I do believe in God and that He's been helping me through my life. I guess I just fell away from Him for awhile when I turned 21 and the partying seemed more interesting.
    I won't sit here and say that prayer was or is the answer to all my problems, but I do believe it has a lot to do with it, and that God will help you if you let Him.
    Anonymous

• I believe it was the prayer of concerned loved ones that "turned my life around". It's amazing how powerful the God I serve is. When I compare where I've been and where I am now, I am amazed at His handiwork! I have gain such peace through my prayers to Him.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 9:43 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Lexylex-I agree. Looking back at how young, dumb, and misguided I was, and where I am now in only a few years time, it is amazing.
    jmpeskie

Answer by jmpeskie at 9:54 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• It hasn't, I have turned my life around with the added support of awesome friends and family.

anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 9:58 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I can only explain that when I was not praying and not turning to God (for many years) my life was terrible, I made bad choices and felt I had no hope. When I decided to go back to God, church and prayer, my life immediately turned back around. I was happy to tithe and look to God for answers. I could not be happier now and I know it is God answering my prayers.
    army_wife2000

Answer by army_wife2000 at 10:28 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Well, the first prayer that turned my life around was when I prayed and repented of my sins and asked Jesus into my heart
    After that I can't give specific dates, but there have been many times in my life where I didn't want to continue with my faith. God always has met me in special ways in those times.
    More reciently, My family and I have been going through a season of trials. It started in 2004. By the middle of 2006 I was completely unable to function as a Christian in the midst of all trials of life. I prayed a prayer of God I give up, I need you for daily strength. And that is when I began to understand how to be victorious over my trials, how I could experience peace that is separate from my circumstances, how I can face tomorrow with hope, today with strength and joy. Now prayer is a necessity of my life. If my spirit is to survive the struggles of life, I need daily contact with my heavenly father.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 3:18 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• I know that my friend Joyce prayed for me to return to the church constantly or she TOLD me that she did. She harangued me with questions as to "why" everytime I entered her home and so I stopped visiting her. I would say that her prayers for me did not work in the way she had intended, but they certainly pushed me farther away from god and religion and set me on my path as an atheist. So they did have an effect on my life, most definitely!
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 3:33 PM on Jul. 8, 2009