What do you think about this schedule for homeschooling my 2 and 3 years old?

7am – 8am Morning Routine
8am – 8:15am Bible Lesson / Memory Verse
8:15am – 8:30am (Language Development)
8:30am – 9am Art
9am – 9:30am (Development Activity)
9:30am – 10am RECESS
10am – 10:15am Snack
10:15am – 10:30am Math
10:30am – 11am (Development activity)
11:15am – 11:45am Story Time
11:45am – 12pm Packup / Clean up
12pm DISMISSAL
12:15pm – 12:45pm Lunch
1pm – 2:30pm Nap
2:30pm – 2:50pm Snack
3pm – 3:45pm Music Time / Self-play
4pm – 5pm Outside Play
5pm – 6:30pm Evening Routine
6:30pm – 7:30pm Quiet Time
7:30pm – 8pm Bedtime Routine

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:20 PM on Jul. 7, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Good Luck!
    Anonymous

• Seems like a bit too much for a 2 or 3 year old. Remember that they learn a lot from just playing and social interaction.
    Anonymous

• I think I'd schedule everything until 12 and let the rest of the day kind of be relaxed more and not so scheduled besides bedtime of course.But what ever works best for you.I mean cause interuptions do happen and maybe you won't be so stressed by it later in the day.
    whistlemom3

Answer by whistlemom3 at 9:25 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I think that is a very busy schedule but a good one. The only thing I would like to say is if your children are really interested or engaged in something, don't put it up or go on to the next activity just because it is 10:30 or whatever. Your schedule can be flexible.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 9:27 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I think it's very ambitious especially since most kids have an attention span one minute for every year they are old (I've experienced this myself in teaching kids and even teaching adults... ha ha ha). Trying to plan something to keep the kids busy for 30 minutes is very ambitious at 2 and 3 years of age. But I say hey go for it you know your kids and they might really enjoy it.
    finallyamom40

Answer by finallyamom40 at 9:40 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I think you might have too much planned in lots of short periods of time. If there's a dirty diaper in there, that could throw off the entire schedule. I know that in the preschools I've worked at, it's more like 9-9:15 backpacks off, then half an hour of free play, then a half hour of work at the tables, sometimes it's fine motor, sometimes it's letters. Then they have calendar time, where they do numbers, and days of the week and patterns, shapes, etc, that lasts about half an hour. Sometimes they sing too, may last 45 minutes. Then recess for 20-25 minutes and snack, which normally takes another 20 minutes. Then free play again until the kids went home.

I think if you have too many 15 minutes things, it'll be hard to stay on schedule, but that's up to you of course.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 9:46 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I'm with the other posters, that schedule is WAY too much for such a young age. It's one thing to be structured and have routines and a schedule in place but that is way too structured. Maybe if you even added small breaks in between the activities (Like a 10 min break or so) I think it'd be alittle better for them.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 11:59 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I also think it's way too much.
    kara_g.

Answer by kara_g. at 9:07 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• They are 2 and 3. They don't need to be schooled yet. Let them be toddlers! They are going to start to hate school WAY to early.
    Anonymous

• They have less playtime than most schoolaged kids!
    Anonymous