need some advise plz

I'm in a relationship right know & i'm not happy or in love with him anymore. I have 4 kids with him & they are scared of him. I've told him but he says nothing. Well i've meet a great guy online & have known him for 6 years. We chat online & phone every day. There has been times when he's asked me to come live with him. I know my feelings for him are stong I cry & worry if something happens. My kids know about him & well even think of him as there father instead of real one. Well, this guy knows i have a bf & he knows how we get treated. I want to be with this guy but kinda have a problem. I've never seen him in person just in pics. I'd like him to come & see us in person so they can get to know him better other then what i have told them. My ? am i doing the right thing in wanting him to see us so my kids know him better. There is more to this ? if you want the whole problem just leave me a message thank you in advance

mom_in_need75

Asked by mom_in_need75 at 9:35 PM on Jul. 7, 2009 in Relationships

• um I wouldn't hook up with online guy at all.he maynot be all that you are dreaming up.who's to say he's not worse than your current one?Be cautious.
    whistlemom3

Answer by whistlemom3 at 9:37 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• priorities- you need to focus on your needs and your children. sounds like u need to leave the bf and focus on getting a healthy relationship and environment for you and your children. After you do that, then focus on bringing the new guy into your life. at this point, he may not want to deal with all the stress of the bf. good luck
    Anonymous

• be cautiious... a lot of pedophiles prey on single women who will have to work or something so they can get to the kids. that being said, YOU meet him first and if u trust him enough after lots of meetings, introduce him to the kids. You should leave the guy ur with either way.
    Anonymous

• hope those that have answered reread there answers for this is for them. I know that this guy is a good guy for he is a musican with a very popular country music star. And as for leaving the bf i have know for some reason i can't and i don't know why. He's a truck driver and when he's gone me and the kids are much happier but when he comes home all he does is yell at us and tell us to get this and that for him while he sitts on his butt on his laptop. His legs are not broke he can get the stuff for him self, as for the other guy he has talked to the kids on the phone alot and they have gotten to know him that way but i want to move onto the next step by them meeting him in person and getting to know him more that way before anything else is done is that not wrong of me to ask him that.As for bf i need help in why i can't leave him
    mom_in_need75

Answer by mom_in_need75 at 9:57 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• you have 4 kids...if you dont want to be with your boyfriend, you should leave and get your life together and get your kids through it ok, and eventually introduce them to a new guy if youso desire and think they are ready, i find it hard to believe that your 4 kids think of a guy they've never met as a father more than their own, what do you think your teaching your children by telling them about this online guy while you are still living with their father? i think you will realise if you get with this mistery man that he's not the prince charming you think, you are unhappy in your relationship, therefore you are fantacising about this man and making him out to be more than he is because you dont have to live with him and hear him bitch about things or do his laundry or deal with his baggage...think about it and try to put your kids back on top of the priority list, even if it means you have to do things you dont like.
    lilysmommy23

Answer by lilysmommy23 at 10:27 PM on Jul. 7, 2009