Are there any foods that you will ONLY buy in organic?

I try to buy only organic strawberries, peaches, grapes, apples, and milk especially. After I read about the "dirty dozen" lol, I look at the price of organic totally differently. I would rather pay more than eat pesticides in that amount.

http://www.prevention.com/cda/article/the-12-foods-to-buy-organic/017a323b0b803110VgnVCM20000012281eac____/

AprilDJC

Asked by AprilDJC at 9:47 PM on Jul. 7, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I buy everything organic usually, but some I don't really, like avocados, since they rank low on the pesticide list. I also love to shop local since most of the farmers do grow organic, they just can't label themselves as organic because of the cost to get certified. I think it's so great. :) I hope to some day grow a really nice big garden and hardly have to shop for any produce.
    workathome01

Answer by workathome01 at 1:21 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• I'm lucky to afford the groceries I have, I'll pass on organic. Maybe I'll concern myself with it when I can afford it.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 9:52 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I agree 100% with toriandgrace!
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 9:55 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Nothing, I agree with the other posters. Although, I do buy Newman's Own Oreo type cookies once in a while. They are organic and taste sooo yummy.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:57 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• milk , hotdogs, peaches, pears, icecream, and everything the baby eats
    i really try to get everything organic but these things are really important to me!
    bettylou420

Answer by bettylou420 at 10:00 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Milk
    wanderingmuse

Answer by wanderingmuse at 10:02 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• often the organic or natural choices do not cost more.
    bettylou420

Answer by bettylou420 at 10:02 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I buy all my food orgasmic.
    Anonymous

• We grow our produce and eat in the season so there is no excuse as to what is organic in our house. We don't buy food because it is organic, we buy it because it is local and tastes better....and often a heck of a lot cheaper. The closer the food is grown, the less it costs. For those of you unable to buy because of the expense, check out a local farmer's market. Other than meat they are the cheapest produce I have found in town....and the freshest. Usually they are all organic! Support your local farmer and economy and buy local!
    lucysmomrocks

Answer by lucysmomrocks at 11:04 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I go to a local produce market. They do import some things so I have to watch out for that because I don't buy imported produce, but I find the organic to be on average the same price, except for like the grapes and peaches. I actually buy a 3 lb bag of organic apples for only $2 and they are produce of USA and taste wonderful. The organic milk I buy is of course much more expensive but nothing I can do to avoid that lol.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 11:30 PM on Jul. 7, 2009