How to make breast Milk go away?

I never breast fed any of my kids.. and now I am done having kids and I still have breast milk from my last child and she is 14 months old. I can't get this dang breast milk to go away. It took over 2 1/2 years for my breast milk to go away.. and that was only because I got pregnant again. What do I do? They told me not to STIMULATE the breasts and I didn't for 2 months and LOOK!! I Still have it!! It doesnt leak a lot but it keeps me from losing weight I am sure of it! HELP!!!

MommySteph1011

Asked by MommySteph1011 at 9:55 PM on Jul. 7, 2009 in Health

• Wow, I don't really know.. I heard benadryl works, and cabbage leaves, but when I had my first, I took BC and that dried me up...it was a one hormone low dose... Sorry I don't have more help.
    logunsmommy

Answer by logunsmommy at 10:16 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Why not breastfeed your toddler? The World Health Organization, operating without the influences of the dairy, formula and porn industries (unlike American doctors) recommends breastfeeding for a minimum of 24 months.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:41 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Not sure what to tell ya hun.. Braden is 2 months old and I still have a very,very small amount that will come out when stimulated. And rkoloms I'm sure her toddler who was NEVER breast fed would just start now( please know I'm being sarcastic).. And maybe she isn't comfortable with it..

Mazie0723

Answer by Mazie0723 at 11:28 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• if you look at babies r us they have tea that you can drink and I think its called no more milk, or something along those lines. they have a couple of other products that are for this as well. If all else fails then call you doctor and they can give you a shot that will dry you up.
    vivianasmom

Answer by vivianasmom at 1:03 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• my doctor told be to bind. i wore a sports bra one size to small night and day and is seemed to help. hope this helps.
    mollysmom76

Answer by mollysmom76 at 1:21 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• First, you could very well produce milk until your youngest is between 6-8 years of age. As that is when humans are biologically designed to nurse until. Binding is a BAD idea because it can lead to clogged ducts and mastitis. Peppermint and Sage will help dry up your milk. Eat Altoids like crazy and drink Sage tea. That should dry it up. hth
    Arisce

Answer by Arisce at 4:00 PM on Jul. 8, 2009