any good ideas for eczema?

My 2 year old has a really bad case of eczema. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on how to help it. It is all over her legs and on the backs of her arms.

NancyK329

Asked by NancyK329 at 10:07 PM on Jul. 7, 2009 in Health

• I remember my mom giving my brother baths with baby oil in it. I'm not sure how much it helped but I remember her doing that. Eucerine (sp?) lotion worked well for him too.
    whittear

Answer by whittear at 10:09 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• eliminate dairy
    keep the skin well moisturized; coconut oil works great
    keep baths short, infrequent and cool

Answer by rkoloms at 10:39 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Aveeno works great. Maybe even try the Aveeno oatmeal bath. I have eczema and it really helps me. My sister uses it for my nephews too.
    myangel21

Answer by myangel21 at 11:12 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I use Aveeno body wash and got a prescription lotion from the doc, but the Aveeno lotions are for this as well. I love it and it works, but if it's to bad as her was before I started the Aveeno then the doc may have to give a ointment with steriods in it to help with the inflamation,try the Aveeno first. My little 1 is 2 as well
    determind

Answer by determind at 12:14 PM on Jul. 8, 2009