Is 23 with two kids (will be having my 2nd in October) to old to want to go back to college?

I never finsished and Id really like to go back but am wondering if its too late...

JrsMommy07

Asked by JrsMommy07 at 10:08 PM on Jul. 7, 2009 in Money & Work

• Why would it be too late? I'm 22 have one and have been TTC for a year, I'm just about to start my masters.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 10:09 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• IMO, you are never too old to go back to school. Go for it.
    sunnymom3

Answer by sunnymom3 at 10:09 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• It is never too late! Tons of people go to college in their 40's and 50's because they want to change careers or be up to date in the career they are pursuing.
    MythicMMM

Answer by MythicMMM at 10:12 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• reverse the numbers of that age and you are looking at me... if I can do it at 32 with two kids and be active duty military - you can do it.
    cat1622

Answer by cat1622 at 10:22 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Of course you can go back to school! You are young...and a mother! You will be eligible for many grants and financial aid because you have children! I am 28 and just now starting a pre-med program. I will be in school for another 6 years but I know that when my children turn 7 and 8 they will have a doctor for a mommy!!
    lucysmomrocks

Answer by lucysmomrocks at 10:35 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• too old???? 23 is YOUNG!! if you're ready go for it. i know people in their 40's and 50's going back to school.
    mellypoo

Answer by mellypoo at 10:48 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• My husband was almost 25 when he started. He graduated at 29. My aunt went back after her kids were in school so she was probably in her late 20's, early 30's. My great-great-aunt went to college when she was 60.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 11:01 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I took 9 years to finish my undergrad because I fiddle farted around then finally did my MBA online at age 33, my hubby finished his degrees at 40 and 42. Plus I teach at the community college and I have a LOT of students older than you, the average age of my students is easily in their 30's. It's hard work but totally worth it.
    finallyamom40

Answer by finallyamom40 at 11:08 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• It's a GREAT idea...just don't loose your priority of being a mom first. It seems to be harder as you get older...you just don't have the same energy level. I wish you the best :) Go get'em!
    1arbonnerep

Answer by 1arbonnerep at 12:05 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• No way - do it! You're not too old! I went back to college at 36 when my first child was one. I took a break to stay home with my second child, and will be back full-time in January to finish my last two semesters. I'll be almost 42 when I graduate as an R.N.
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 12:08 AM on Jul. 8, 2009