Have you ever felt this way...??

Okay, so I've been having troubles with my husband & his complete lack of responsibility. It takes him days to get things done (if he does them at all), & he seems to not understand that when he says he's going to do something, that he needs to actually do it (rather than sit around). He says that he's going to do it when he gets to it, but it's a pain to sit & wait for that time to come (once again, if it does at all). So now I'm stuck with the though, if I can't trust him to do simple things around the house...how in the hell am I going to trust him with a baby?? I'm seriously doubting ever letting him be alone with our soon-to-be child in the fear that he'll forget (or not get around) to doing what he needs to do to take care of a baby! I feel horrible for thinking this! Has anyone felt something similar?? Any advice?? I'm going nuts over here....

WannabeMommy87

Asked by WannabeMommy87 at 10:09 PM on Jul. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• My husband is this way. The less I nag him the more stuff gets done but I leave things out to remind him, like the trash needs to be taken out I put it in the middle of the hallway, The easier I make it on him the easier it is for him to do stuff.
    GeorgiaSun

Answer by GeorgiaSun at 3:55 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• My fiance was like that in the beginning even after our child was born till I ::cough cough:: whacked him with a frying pan in a moment of high emotions and hormones which straightened his act out...
    MythicMMM

Answer by MythicMMM at 10:15 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I can't really say to much but my ex was like this and still was till recently. He has only seen his daughter five times since November he's an idiot. but now he is trying to step up to the plate. and i'll say this i only stopped dating him in october and that only got worse from there. he had nothing to do with her till now he can count on his hands how many times he did anything with her. i will tell you this don't let him keep it up or you'll the same issues and no matter how much you love him your marriage will not last through it.
    bmboyce

Answer by bmboyce at 10:23 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• You whacked him with a frying pan?? Oh wow! For some reason though, I don't know if that'd help mine...LOL
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 10:24 PM on Jul. 7, 2009