Everyone else, what do YOU think of this video?

Since people get mad when you respond to post that is directed at a specific belief system that isn't yours I want to repost this video.

http://www.silencingchristians.com/

What do you think of this video? Do you find it at all informative?

It is an hour long. I am still watching it and when I finish I will post my opinion as well.

anetrnlov

Asked by anetrnlov at 10:11 PM on Jul. 7, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Sorry...you want me to watch an hour long video on something that I have no idea as to what it's even about? No thanks.
    Anonymous

• Okay
    anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 10:14 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Commenting so I can find this and watch it later...
    whittear

Answer by whittear at 10:16 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I'm watching it right now. I think it's a load of crap, but that's just me I guess.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 10:38 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Okay, I am about 25 minutes into this video and I want to give my opinion so far so I don't miss anything. lol

In regards to the book, After the Ball....I have never read it but I have a difficult time believing the interpretation of it contents that comes from a person who despises everything the book is about.

They keep saying special rights....what special rights? As far as I am aware they only want the same rights as everyone, in other words the right to marry. Marriage is a legal contract in the eyes of the government it is the individuals who are marrying who choose whether or not their union, ceremony, relationship, etc is to involve God.

The video that they are saying Boyd County Schools introduced that "promotes homosexuality". If that is the case why not show clips of said video in order to prove that point. Also, she talks about it being a conservative, small coal mining community........
    anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 10:42 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I have been to those kind of communities, my family is from them and I have lived in them. They function on one principal....the "Good old boy system" and no bunch of Christian, Conservative good old boys would allow anything that promoted something they were so deeply against.

This woman who talks about how children cannot handle the concept/idea of homosexuality....where's is the documentation. People have been upfront enough out homosexuality for a long enough time that they should have no issue producing documentation to back up their idea that children are not able to understand the concept.

The "ex" homosexual who handles the mission....notice know mention on "healthy" straight relationships? If she has helped so many convert why can they not provide documentation!?!?! If there is such a large group who have left homosexuality then why aren't more speaking up? I find this to be a case of few and far between.....
    anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 10:50 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I don't even think I can finish watching this lol. I've heard this crap so many times it's getting really old.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 10:54 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• The fact is they have found and documented a link between homosexuality and genetics. Here's my other problem with this....just because you say you are converted doesn't mean you are. I could convert to homosexuality, I could participate in lesbian sex but that doesn't mean that 1) I'm happy 2) I am actually converted...there are many people out there that live double lives and that lie about who they are to anyone and everyone and last but not least 3) supposed conversion cannot be mentally healthy.

She also talks about a common themes of sexual abuse, gender confusion, peer rejection, etc. If you interview heterosexuals you are going to find many themes...that does not mean that homosexuals are that way because they come from a shitty childhood. There are many heterosexuals that come from the same or similar lifestyles.

The guy that talks about the church shootings? Who committed these crimes? Were they Christians?
    anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 10:58 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Were they of another religion/belief structure? Were they mentally unstable? Why did they do it? I take great issue with him trying to associate these shootings with homosexual activist when he is not providing any facts about these shootings. Same goes with the guy who tried burn down the convent.

As far as the activist crashing the catholic church service. I take great issue with that. Everyone has a right to their opinion, even if we disagree and behaving in such a manner accomplishes nothing what so ever. I am not Catholic or Christian but I find that seriously disrespectful but unfortunately there are extremist on every side of every issue and those people never represent the majority.

As far as the Fullson Street Fair....even I think that is extreme but again, there are always extremist.

In regards to Florida...NO ONE should be having sex in public places....gay, straight, bi. I don't care, it is inappropriate
    anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 11:04 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• We all know anonymous sex with ANYONE is dangerous. I can understand why people were upset. The fact is the crack down should include anyone who is caught having sex in public....not just homosexuals. He mentions the websites that list places where gay men can meet up and have sex. Ummm, they have those for any and every sexual preference coming and going.

The comments from the women discussing how gay marriage effects parents who want to "raise their children with moral beliefs and the understanding that marriage is between a man and a woman" cracks me up and the point is completely moot. There are people all over this country who take issue with different things that people do...be it who they marry, how they raise their kids, who they live with, how they live, their religious affiliation, etc. If we remove everything that bothers/offends someone we might as well kill off our species.
    anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 11:10 PM on Jul. 7, 2009