Random bellybutton question!!

I know this is a silly question...but do all belly buttons turns into outties during prgnancy? If yours did, when did it "pop" & did it hurt? I have a belly ring & still have it in (I'm 7 months & haven't really gained too much weight) & am wondering if I should take it out soon...I keep forgetting to ask my Dr when I go in!! Thanks!

mandi0986

Asked by mandi0986 at 10:18 PM on Jul. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Mine never popped. Just got to be a bigger inny.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 10:19 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• take out your belly button soon. if the skin is getting to be see through at all get rid of it it can force itself out and that will hurt!
    bmboyce

Answer by bmboyce at 10:20 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Mine didn't pop, but it got so flat that it looked like I didn't have a belly button at all! It was really weird. I'd take it out before you run into problems with it, rather than after.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 10:25 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• you prolly should of taken it out 2 months ago,not all women get outties,i didnt for both my boys
    kristi12866

Answer by kristi12866 at 10:28 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• mine started popping out around 5-6 months. didn't hurt just felt like really soft flexible skin :)
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 10:29 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• if you leave the ring in it will leave scar tissue and look horrible after birth just take it out now regardless if your belly button pops out or not
    Anonymous

• One, not all belly buttons pop. Two, you should have taken precautions with your belly button ring months ago. Not everyone wants to take it out, which is understandable, but that's why they make maternity belly retainers...you can still have your belly ring, but it will prevent ripping (& trust me, you do NOT want ripping). After I ripped (while not pregnant, just due to recklessness) I now have a huge line scar above my belly button (which is now stretching bad since I'm pregnant) & because of all the scar tissue I also can't have it re-pierced. You should take it out, & soon.
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 10:57 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I actually just ordered maternity belly rings, so as soon as I get them I'm putting 1 in! Thanks for your advice & answers!
    mandi0986

Answer by mandi0986 at 11:17 PM on Jul. 7, 2009