Full Moon bring on labour?

Ok so im 40 weeks pregnant today! yay! well, no sign of labour. well im getting some painless contractions but nothing else. well tonite is a full moon and i herd from family that the full moon brings on labour in pregnant mothers who are ready. my mom had my sister and i a day befor her due date, ona full moon. so is it true? has this happeend to you? if its true, what do i do? like stand out side and soak up the moons rays? lol

marissaj125

Asked by marissaj125 at 10:18 PM on Jul. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• that is a falicy but what is true is hurricanes causing labor because of the barometric pressure. At 40 weeks you are going to pop at any second regardless of the phase of the moon.
    cat1622

Answer by cat1622 at 10:24 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I went two weeks early because of a full moon and my cousin had her baby on the same day. My grandmother told us it would happen and it did. Two babies on the same night (full moon). He was 8lbs.
    divamama1976

Answer by divamama1976 at 12:17 AM on Jul. 8, 2009