I'm 2cm and is trying to get to 4cm What can I do?

Where I go to the doctor at there are like 7 doctor in the office but there is one doctor that I want and he told me if I can get to 4cm By the 9th he will let me have her. What can I do SEX, WALK and?????

Mz.PhatPhat

Asked by Mz.PhatPhat at 10:32 PM on Jul. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• sorry to say this my friend has been 2 cm for like four weeks now. she can't seem to find anything tried all the above you've mentioned you just have to let it run it's course!
    Anonymous

• Walk as much and as often as you can. That's all I know that works for sure.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 10:38 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• what do you mean he'll let you have her? induction? I would not want that at all... let it happen on its own... its the best for you and the baby.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 10:38 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Sex will only help you efface it won't make you dilate more. In fact, anything can do will only help with the effacement.

I have to agree with Precious333. If you don't absolutely HAVE to be induced then don't do it! I was induced because I was three weeks late and my placenta was calcified. It took soooooo long to get labor going, the pitocin is so harsh, it's just not worth it.

I know you want this particular doctor, but by the time you are really there you won't care who it is as long as your baby is coming out.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 10:51 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• If your talking about induction I wouldn't recomend it. like beckcroc said you will not care who is there. I thought induction was good but than i had my second baby natural and it was so much less painful. Induction before you are ready is not good either i think they inducded me too early and it took almost 40 hours.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:03 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• haha this is funny because everyone told me when i was 2cm to try sex and so on to get to 4cm however the way my water broke was i was so stressed out by getting into fight with my brothers wife it caused my water to leak i mean i dont want to say stress yourself out because it can be harmful to the baby but thats what did it for me but than i was induced and in labor for 38 hrs so i dont know i basically say it will happen when your body is ready i didnt like it when people told me that but its true
    RIP.Caleb

Answer by RIP.Caleb at 1:23 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• your baby is what sends the hormone out to tell your body to go into labor.
    anything that you try to do will only make your cervix softer, not dilate.
    your baby will come when he/she is ready.
    induction is very serious and should only be done when medically necessary, not when mom wants to or dr wants to. induction can harm you and/or your baby.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:21 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• Will I'm not talking about getting induced I did not say that One time so your going off of what someone else said. This is my 4th child and everytime when I find out I'm 2cm I go into labor in a week after but I just have not been walking the same way like I been with my others. I just want this one doctor cause he is nice and let us be part of the birth like let hubby pull the babay out and tape it no one else in that office is like that. WHY WOULD I WHAT TO BE INDUCED AND MY DUE DATE IS ON THE 27TH AND THE DOCTOR CAN ONLY DO THAT WHEN YOU ARE 39 + WEEKS
    Mz.PhatPhat

Answer by Mz.PhatPhat at 10:12 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• well first off, the dr said he would let you have her if you were 4 cm by the 4th. well, if you're 4 cm and no contractions on the 9th, how do you think he is going to let you have her that day? he will pump you full of unnecessary drugs that can harm you and the baby.
    but, if he's saying if you go into labor by that day, he will let you have her. most dr's will. bc you'll be over 37wks and most dr's won't stop labor if you're past 36wks.
    that's awesome that your dr let's you be involved that much, majority of dr's don't. but, if that's how you want it, then make a birth plan. so, when you show up at the hospital, then you have something to show the dr what you and your dr planned. have your dr sign the birth plan so that they know that y'all did discuss this.
    also, some dr's do induce before 39 weeks. they make up bogus "medical reasons" when in reality it's mom or dr that wants to induce early.
    Anonymous