No prenatal vitamins...who cares???should I???

Okay so sometimes i miss taking them, on average i probly have taken them every other day sometimes two days in a row. Is that horrible? everything seems fine, but whats your opinion?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:42 PM on Jul. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I would try and make sure you're consistent in taking them. They give you the vitamins your body might be depleating in growing the baby. You don't want to risk your health and well being, in doing that you hurt the baby. I don't think it's horrible if you forget, pregnancy brain! LOL! But I'd try to take them often.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 10:44 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Well, while everything can "seem" fine, you wouldn't know the effects yet...sometimes not until a while after your baby is born. I think that it's a very small action and takes very little effort and could greatly help in the development of your baby. Why WOULDN'T you take them? If you forget every once in a while, that's one thing, but if you can remember and still don't...I think you're not doing the best thing for your child and that you should change that.
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 10:44 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I have never taken my prenatal vitamins withm both my boys and they were both healthy
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 10:46 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• i dont take mine sometimes because i feel sick and if i take them it makes it worse but i'll usually take them the next day in the middle of the day then again that night
    Anonymous

• I didn't take pre-natals at all and my son is fine. The folic acid in them works best in the first 12 weeks. If they make you sick, you can eat those foods that have the vitamins in them.-strawberries, oranges, spinach, kale and blueberries are good.
    sarapurser

Answer by sarapurser at 10:48 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Prenatal vitamins provide your body with what it needs to help the development of your baby. As someone else stated, sometimes you wont even know a developmental delay until after baby is even born, let alone while you're still pregnant. While pregnant, your body is creating a life (that should be a no-brainer)...but what some people don't think about is in order for it to live properly outside of the womb, it needs all of its proper nourishment before you give birth...this includes all the stuff that prenatals provide. Forgetting now & then won't do too much damage, but it's important to try & take them EVERY SINGLE DAY. It's like birth control pills...it wont do it's proper job unless taken as recommended (which is daily, just like prenatals). If anything, set your alarm to go off daily, & take them when the alarm goes off. Also, keep some in your purse for when you're out & about...
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 10:52 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I took mine every day...didnt miss a one. Take them at night right before you go to bed. I taped a sign to my bedroom door so I would remember to take them.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 10:52 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Just try to remember from here on. You'll probably be okay, but try a little harder. If you're not eating 100% healthy foods then they're a great safety net. Don't stress it (because that's not good either) but really make a stronger effort.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 10:53 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Baby will most likely be fine. It will take most every thing from you. If you want to have problems with your body due to 9 months of baby taking your nutrition instead of providing extra for it go ahead and not take them.
    Anonymous

• Definitely try to take them. they're there for a reason. Try taking them right before you go to bed. I always had a hard time remembering them too so I would put them on my night stand so that way every time I laid down I went to turn off my light I would see them and I would take it. it definitely helped having them in an obvisou place.
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 11:54 PM on Jul. 7, 2009