its my first baby

its my first baby and im 18 weeks prego and people are saying i dont even look it yet. is that bad?

ShainaMelei

Asked by ShainaMelei at 10:43 PM on Jul. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Everyone's body is different. I didn't start showing with my first until almost 8 months, then I popped, it was kinda funny. I wouldn't worry about whether or not you're showing.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 10:45 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Yeah I didn't show for a long time either. Be thankful!!! As long as the doctor says your baby is healthy and a growing fine, don't worry.
    jmpeskie

Answer by jmpeskie at 10:46 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• you're still early enough (especially with your first since apparently it takes longer) that I wouldn't be worried. your OB would let you know if you aren't growing enough.
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 10:47 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• No! You'll look it soon enough. A friend of mine was 5 months before she showed and she had a GIANT healthy baby boy:) If you are tall then it may take longer to show also. I am super short and was pretty thin pre-pregnancy so I started showing at like 6 weeks! LOL! (That's a bit of an exaggeration).
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 10:47 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• no there is nothing wrong im pregnant with my first and didnt start showing until i was about 20 to 21 weeks and i was barely showing so dont worry about it. but when i did really start showing i just kinda got big really fast lol
    katieBennett

Answer by katieBennett at 10:55 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• lol no
    i dident start to show till i was 5 months and even then i just had a small bunp. but everyone is diffrent im sure your fine. and it make sence that your not showing cuz this is your first baby
    de_sly

Answer by de_sly at 11:11 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I am 20 weeks and not showing at all, my cousin didnt show until 8 months and she was a very small person, so dont worry about it.
    Alie1313

Answer by Alie1313 at 11:15 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• you'll wake up one day and won't be able to see your vagina, that happened to me at 21 weeks... it's dangerous to shave your snatch without a clear view by the way :)
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 11:26 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Thats still kinda early, I didnt' show with either of mine till about 22 or 23 weeks n that was just a little bit. Ask your Dr. if your measuring where they think u should be and if they think your gaing weight right.
    Anonymous

• count your blessings-- youll be wishingsoon enough that you were still that size!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:42 AM on Jul. 8, 2009