Lower back pain

I'm 35 weeks and 4 days and i'm having lower back pains... i had the pains fo 2 days now and I'm dying here ....lol... The big thing is it hurts mostly at night when I lay down..

Can someone please give me advice and tell me what i could do or take to make the pain go away or is this the sign of early labor....

snuggles80

Asked by snuggles80 at 10:57 PM on Jul. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I doubt it labor. But it could be. If it's mostly at night while you're lying down, I'd say that it's just the way the baby is laying or it could just be your back hurting from all the strain of the extra weight and all that. You can use a heating pad for a few minutes, but not on high. You can also try a warm bath. Or try to get your SO to give you a massage. Try using pillows for added support in places, like between your knees, under your belly and back, etc. That helped me a lot. But really there isn't much that can be done for it. Those last few weeks are hell sometimes. But it's almost over and then you'll have your little angel out and in your arms. Good luck mommy!
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 11:24 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• the best thing honestly is one of those pregnancy body pillows. my back hurt so horribly every night, and without that pillow I would have never slept! theyre a bit pricey, anywhere between $50 and $100 depending on which one you get, but they are well worth it. if thats out of the question though, place one pillow under your belly (while youre laying on your side) one or two between your knees and on behind you. this is the same concept of the body pillows, and with them surrounding you with all that extra support, it helps a ton!!

I also doubt its early labor, just another one of the many joys of pregnancy lol
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 11:50 PM on Jul. 7, 2009