If you pray, have your prayers ever been answered? How have they been answered?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:00 PM on Jul. 7, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Prayers are always answered; sometimes the answer is no.

Answer by rkoloms at 11:05 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• A month ago me and my husband went to my Uncles' church where they did not have may members. (due to illness they have not been able to go out and evangelize as they would like too) well anyway, my husband and I felt the burden to pray for souls to be brought into the church, we went back to our home state and began fasting and praying for God to move spiritually and bring souls in. About 2 Sundays later my Aunt called me and told me she was suprised that they had a full house and had to baptize some people. I was so so amazed. Another time the Lord brought a young lady to mind from my church. I approached her to talk and to find out her husband was going to leave her. I began to fast and pray for her marriage very soon after I hear that the Lord worked things out and decided to stay together. God is an Awesome God. He answers prayers!
    ptomom678

Answer by ptomom678 at 11:06 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• *many
    ptomom678

Answer by ptomom678 at 11:07 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I pray to the God and Goddess most days (not as much as I probably should). One day I sat in my circle and lit a couple of candles and just sat there and talked to them for a while about what was going on in my life and how I needed some guidance because we were in a tight spot. Some things happened that gave me more hours at work that week so that we would have money for food and whatnot.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 11:12 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• i pray and they have been answered (yes, no, and not yet). But God always answers.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 11:17 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I prayed today that the real estate guy we talked to about this house we looked at was not a scam artist and actually had a real estate license because the house is a very good deal..So I checked him out and got his license number and he's very legit..YAY!!!!!!!! Praise Jesus! Thank God! Anyone who says prayers don't get answered never prayed. rkoloms said it right..sometimes the answer is no...i prayed for a large sum of money and i havent seen it yet....stuff like that has to be earned thru honest work..God appreciates that.
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 11:51 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• things have always found a way of working out...even if it seemed they absolutely would not.
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 12:27 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• Always. God may not answer in the way I think I should be answered but He always answers in the way that is best for me - and my loved ones - in the long run. I'd also like to say that my husband, daughter, and granddaughter are all still living because of God's personal interest in my life. My husband died twice - literally; my daughter has tried suicide too many times to count; and my granddaughter's father tried to kill her at least 2 times that I am aware of - GOD CARES, and they are all still living because God heard and answered my prayers.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:52 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• I think prayer is a powerful thing- but I think the power to change and alter outcomes comes from within people- not from a God. Take for instance healing- if enough people pray for healing, it might just happen, not because it was a God's will, but because those people had the power to heal. We don't understand what we are capable of, and misunderstanding and fear lead to making up reasons why the unexplainable happens.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 7:51 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• Last year, after years of praying for deliverance from the pain in my leg,which had pretty much debilitated me,and made me a hermit, God answered that prayer,in a much bigger way than I could have ever imagined. He led me to the right doctor,who did the right x-ray,and found the problem. I had total hip replacement surgery 11 months ago,got through my rehab,and now,I have my life back! God literally gave me a new lease on life,that could have only been a miracle healing through Him. Even my doctor acknowledged it was God,and not him,who did it. Four months after the surgery, I went back to work, at Target, during the Christmas season, standing on my feet up to 10 hours a day,without pain! Something I hadn't been able to do in 8 years! So, yeah, God HEARS AND ANSWERS every prayer. In HIS time, not our's,but He always answers. He's an ontime God. He may not come when you want Him,but He'll be there right on time!
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 1:45 PM on Jul. 8, 2009