Would you love your kid any less if they told you they were gay/lesbian?

I personally can see how you could disagree with their lifestyle, but to say you don't love them? I've had a close friend come out to her parents and her parents disowning her because of this. To me it's just wrong to "stop" loving your child because they love someone of the same gender.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:06 PM on Jul. 7, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I would definately not love my child any less. For that matter, I wouldn't love their partner any less either. I don't see being gay or lesbian as a sickness or a defect. It's just the way some people are made... a rather significant percentage of people, I might add (10%). I will be 100% accepting.

If ALL my kids are gay then that might be a problem, though :p Not because I would love any of them less, or be angry that they were all gay, but because I wouldn't get to see any grandbabies be born :(
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 11:09 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• i think that defies the phrase, "unconditional love."
    mellypoo

Answer by mellypoo at 11:09 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I wouldn't not love him but I would not be able to accept the lifestyle and i would tell my son to not "act gay" in front of me. And no boy friends in my house or at family functions. Also I wouldn't want him to mention being gay to me or anything like that. I couldn't handel it.
    Anonymous

• I vote Ait 13 for best answer. She took the words right out of my mouth!
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 11:15 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Anon 1012 - I hope that you are raising your children to be more openminded than you are. Homosexual is not a choice; Heterosexual is not a choice. Why would you want your child to behave differently than the way G-d made her/him?

Answer by rkoloms at 11:16 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• No way would I love my baby less! She's my life and I'm bisexual with a lot of bisexual/gay/lesbian friends. I don't care if she's gay, straight, polka dotted, etc., so long as she's happy and healthy.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 11:16 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• anon, please explain how asking someone to deny everything about themselves is love.
    mellypoo

Answer by mellypoo at 11:16 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• The love for my child would remain the same.
    LuvBug3

Answer by LuvBug3 at 11:18 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• i would not love my child any less i just want them happy and with someone that treats them well rather gay or straight
    sdeignan

Answer by sdeignan at 11:25 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I would still love my child the same but would not accept the lifestyle or for them to bring their partners to my home. I don't believe in it, and as long as they kept that lifestyle then they would not be welcome in my home. I know that sounds really awful but, that is the way I was raised and I am raising my kids to know the what is right and wrong. Their dad on the other hand doesnt think the way Mom does. Go figure!
    cutemedgirl

Answer by cutemedgirl at 11:40 PM on Jul. 7, 2009