Diaper rash treatments??

My son,2, has a diaper rash its very red and irritated, He had 3 running #2's and I think that whats caused it, I have him eating fiber,apples and bananas. I called my mom and the MIL and one said to use baking soda in the bath ,which sounds weird to me , and one said use oatmeal in the bath. I have never used either one, his godmother said use athletes foot cream on the rash. He is very uncomfortable and I need some tips fast, I feel so bad for him :(

cainesmama

Asked by cainesmama at 11:09 PM on Jul. 7, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Cornstarch works just sprinkle some one the rash every time you change his diaper. Well good luck.

akmami0f4

Answer by akmami0f4 at 11:14 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Thank you
    cainesmama

Answer by cainesmama at 11:16 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• lanoiln cream, for nipples...

corn starch can make it worse if its a yeast infection though,., so eb careful
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 11:41 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• What i did more than once was wash his little behind with warm water mixed with Chamomile Tea, my pediatrician recommended this to me and It worked great ( my boy had redness and the skin burned and when i did this: wash 3 times per day .On the 2nd day his little behind was great again )
    Vero529

Answer by Vero529 at 11:30 AM on Jul. 8, 2009