Endometriosis

I had a complete hysterectomy in 2002 due to endometriosis being throughout my female organs, my colon, my spine, and who knows where else. I am having unexplained pain. I was wondering if anyone know if it is possible for it to come back if you do not have a uterus or any female organs for that matter.

haroldswife

Asked by haroldswife at 11:10 PM on Jul. 7, 2009 in Health

• from what i understand it can grow back, espically if you are taking estrogen hormones, too much estrogen is after all the cause of it,, im terribly sorry that you ahve it.. i was diagnosed at 15 and now at 23 i ahve 2 children and am in need or a hysto soon, im putting it of beucase i want more children.. but 1 year after my diagnoses it ahd already speard to my kidneys and bladder, and i refused to have it burnt off becuase it would jsut grow back...

just call your ob and ahve another scope done, better safe than sorry
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 11:39 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• It can and does come back. You said complete hysterectomy. Does that mean they took the ovaries? Even if they did, your adrenal glands produce some hormones. Also, as someone pointed out, if you're on HRT that can trigger it to come back. I have a fairly severe case myself. I'm sorry you're still dealing with this after the hyst. It stinks!
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 12:15 AM on Jul. 8, 2009