Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Has your child ever swallowed something unusual?

Ever been worried by something you found in your child's poo or seen them eat? Tonight, my son (2 yrs old) poo'ed in the potty & I saw some black, thick, string like/wirey type of thing in it...I was so worried..it was intertwined in his poo so I knew it was something he ate. I thought back hard to what he could have gotten it from...fast food...store food...what! Well it turned out to be a plastic whisker off his toy stuffed animal mouse. (I was sure to cut em all off after this lol) I was relieved to know where it came from but shocked that he got that down his throat! I am just so thankful he never gagged on it & is ok. Anyone ever have something happen to their child? give you a bit of scare?

Answer Question
 
Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:13 PM on Jul. 7, 2009 in General Parenting

Answers (11)
  • No, but that is scary. Strings can tangle up inside the body.
    Anonymous

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:15 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

  • My daughter at four swallowed barbie glasses. She kept screaming I swallowed glass. Me and her father were freaking out. But she ended up being fine.

    akmami0f4

    Answer by akmami0f4 at 11:16 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

  • My daughter swallowed a blue piece of yarn. Never knew it til she pooped it out lol. My son ate crayons and had multi-colored poo for a day or so.
    AprilDJC

    Answer by AprilDJC at 11:26 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

  • My son ate a round marble-like magnet. I freaked out thinking that it could hurt him, but the ER said it would only be a problem if he had eaten two magnets at the same time. That was a year ago. 3 years ago, he pried the little square magnet out of a fridge magnet letter and ate that. Maybe he just has a magnetic personality :o)
    sparrowprincess

    Answer by sparrowprincess at 12:27 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

  • Oh, and my dd was a stick-it-up-the-nose kid. We had her in the ER 3 different times for object removal. I carried tweezers with me everywhere I went for almost 3 years to pull stuff out of her nose (beads, yarn, candy, you name it).
    sparrowprincess

    Answer by sparrowprincess at 12:28 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

  • LMAO! Nothing yet, but these answers are hilarious. My DD's poo always consists of the skin of beans, peas, grapes, etc.
    jus1jess

    Answer by jus1jess at 1:48 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

  • My 3 yo swallowed two pennies. I have a copy of the xray of her tummy w the pennies in it.
    matthewscandi

    Answer by matthewscandi at 2:52 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

  • In the last 2 weeks my 1 year old has eaten 2 pennies and 6 rocks (5 came out in one diaper!!!). I watch him, yet he still gets a hold of the stuff. I also found out that he can not digest grapes or dried apples (and they get bigger LOL).
    I have also had one son shove the plastic part of footsie jammies up his nose, beads up a couple of their noses, and of course, my favorite... a popcorn kernel in my sons ear. He had to be put under to have it removed. I can laugh about all of it now (until the next time LOL).
    Amber115

    Answer by Amber115 at 2:52 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

  • My son swallowed dog food one time. He must have swallowed it whole because when I changed his diaper there were little bone shaped poopies in there I was like WTH? but laughing. Kinda funny and bad all at the same time.
    LucasMama08

    Answer by LucasMama08 at 3:12 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

  • hahaha awww man, im so glad my daughter hasnt done anything like that! i would freak out!! wouldnt know what to do..lol..although it does make fr a funny story later on in life..lol..
    alexis_06

    Answer by alexis_06 at 4:11 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.
close Cafemom Join now to connect to other members! Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN