Obnoxious Neighbors!!!

Our neighbors across the street have no phone I guess. They come over and ask to use it often. Last night they came over at 1am and 2:30am!!! Granted we are up at that time, but GEEZ! We told them once that they can't keep coming over to use it because we are having a baby in a couple weeks and they will end up waking up the baby or will get the dog barking...so last night when they came over she says to my husband, " We won't come over to ask to use your phone once the baby comes." WTF!!! I thought they would get the hint, but I guess not.... WHAT WOULD YOU DO? FYI- I am not a bitch and have a VERY hard time being firm and even a little mean...HELP! (p.s We are new in the neighborhood too)

mikko2285

Asked by mikko2285 at 11:14 PM on Jul. 7, 2009 in Relationships

• pull the shades, turn off the lights, don't answer the doorbell.

Answer by rkoloms at 11:21 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Lie, tell them your phone is broken.
    Anonymous

• I am confused. It does sound like they got the message but maybe not as soon as you would like to see. Where were they calling at that time? Was it an emergency like to call a Dr. or an ambulance, a relative to get them to a dr or hospital? Because if that were the case, I wouldn't care if they used my phone. If its a social call......... that's different.
    Lesli

Answer by Lesli at 11:24 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• they watch us from their house===they sit in their driveway in chairs---oh yeah, they don't have a car and he doesn't work either! I can't even go outside and play with my dog! I have used the excuses to-'I'm using my phone", "I don't know where it is", "It's charging/it's dead right now". AHHH!
    mikko2285

Answer by mikko2285 at 11:26 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• WE think they are calling their drug dealer....they are crack addicts...she came over once all strung out wanting to use our phone at like 10pm...my hubby told her his phone was dead. They have never had an emergency. Once they used it to call for take-out too....I wonder if they have ever heard of a 'pay as you go' phone.
    mikko2285

Answer by mikko2285 at 11:28 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Who doesn't have a phone nowadays??? They don't even have a cell ?? And who the hell are they calling at 1 a.m. and 2:30 a.m. ?!?!?! I'm guessing this wasn't an emergency otherwise they wouldn't be doing it all the time. I'd never answer the door. Seriously. And if they do it when the baby comes, because they will. They will test you to see if your bluffing. I would go ballistic on them if they woke my baby. Wow.. don't answer the door next time.
    CoolGirlChris

Answer by CoolGirlChris at 11:29 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I said to my mom, "Hopefully my motherly insticts will kick in my then and then I will get mean!"
    mikko2285

Answer by mikko2285 at 11:33 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Once you let yusers use you they will continue until you stop it. Tell them NO, Im sorry it is too late for this, goodnight..and shut the door.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 11:48 PM on Jul. 7, 2009