What kind of foods can a 10 month old eat?

My son is 10 mos. old, he has 8 teeth.. 4 on top 4 on bottom. I am very nervous about giving him regular foods..What are some easy foods for him to try to chew?? I am extremely worried about him choking?? Any suggestion?

mommy100803

Asked by mommy100803 at 11:21 PM on Jul. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I started with those gerber puffs, they melt fast.
    marykay22

Answer by marykay22 at 11:24 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• hard boiled egg yolk, pasta (there's hundreds of kinds) boneless skinless poached chicken teeny pieces.. tofu, rice, cheese
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 11:26 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• cut up tiny peices of avocado, banana, really at that age they can eat whatever you're eating with exception of allergy foods such as eggs, strawberries, milk, wheat...if he's never had it then just start with the puffs or tiny tiny pieces of the other...good luck. my DD is 10 mo and eats what we are within reason. Organic multigrain Blueberry waffles for bkfast, turkey sticks and veges for lunch and whatever we're having for dinner.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 11:28 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• no tofu or cheese until after a year and they're really not supposed to have eggs at all. you can go to www.wholesomebabyfood.com and it gives you suggestions for all ages . good luck.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 11:29 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Keep in mind. that solids fed to babies before they turn 1 are for the experience of eating them, not for nutrition (a subject most doctors know nothing about). Great foods for a baby include avocado, baked sweet potato, oatmeal, pumpkin, pureed peas, etc. Jarred baby food tastes awful, is expensive, and you never really know what is in it.
    Be sure to avoid the allergy trigger foods. This is not a complete list: before age 1, no soy, dairy, wheat, citrus, egg white, strawberries; before age 2 no honey, chocolate, nuts.
    The best book on feeding babies, toddlers and their families is called Super Baby Food by Ruth Yaron. You should be able to find it at your local library. There is some great information on the website: www.superbabyfood.com

Answer by rkoloms at 11:31 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• my daughter is 10 mo and only has two little lower teeth and i too could not believe that she could actually eat and not choke?!?!?my daughter eats and loves--ritz crackers broken into small pieces. polenta in little pieces. cottage cheese( whole milk- small curd). baked sweet potato.whole wheat angel hair in small pieces. cheerios. i started w/ the disolvable puffs and then went to cheerios and so on. good luck it is scary and then soooo cool when they start to get the hang of it:)
    mollysmom76

Answer by mollysmom76 at 1:59 AM on Jul. 8, 2009