potty training tips?

My son is 26 months about, and he is pulling at his diaper, wanting to be changed if he is dirty--daycare is taking him to the potty twice a day, and i try to at home. Not in the mornings--when he wakes up he's either already done it or waits until after he has eaten and gone to daycare. I think he is only aware after the fact (poopy and peepee) and I don't think he can control it real well but i think he controls his bladder to some extent. He will say 'no poopy' and I think he knows what it means.

At any rate, I want to find out ways to step up his potty training somehow. Advice, anybody, on how i can do this? He is moving to a big boy bed soon-he is climbing out of the crib, or at least knows how.
-wendy

mamasangel11

Asked by mamasangel11 at 11:25 PM on Jul. 7, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• well here is how i (with my daughter) decorated a piece of papper and called it the potty chart under the chart was a box that we decorated called the prize box. everytime went pee or poo she got a sticker to put on the chart so she could show off to daddy of grandparents she loved that and when she went poo she got a present out of the box and if she had no acidence that day or if she did really well and made some mistakes i put cheap toys in there from the dollar store it work like a charm the most important thing is to be very prode of them they love to make there mom happy
    mommommom1988

Answer by mommommom1988 at 11:35 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• what I did is just stopped putting on a diper at home unless I went somewere, he did pee and poop a could of times in his pants but I explained to him that's a no no and were he had to go and if he did it again I would swat his butt and say no no and he stopped pooping his pants and started going to the potty.
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 11:37 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• looovemybabies
    its so nice to know that your child was so scared of you that he stop pooing and peeing in his pants. you have one woman saying that you should give them stickers and praise him and another saying just slap him around a bit i dont know about you but i would say give his the sticker.
    looovemybabies your children will grow up and hate you the will rebel and you will be all alone with no one to slap around you are very nasty and a bully

ps i have no big deal with spanking if it is called for but hitting your baby for making a mistake is while learning somthing new you are a small person and you should seek help for you and your child they will be needing it
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:06 AM on Jul. 10, 2009