need help dealing with mother inlaw

i think i will go crazy soon i have the mother in law from hell. i never do anything right when it comes to her son, let alone her grandchild i try and try to mak this woman except me and have come to the conclution that it wont happen. i am a good mother and a good wife and dont feel that i deserve this, so i take all my frustration out on my husband i know this is wrong but the woman gets to drinking yells at me on the phone tells me how terible i am an hangs up on a dailly basis i started not answering her calls and she leaves me messages, my husband says she doesnt mean it and its the alcohal talking but i think its his responsibilty to put a stop to it, because if i say the slightest thing back he gets angry at me although she abuses me all the time. he is such a mamas boy it drives me crazy dont think i can handle it anymore need some good advise.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:27 PM on Jul. 7, 2009 in Relationships

• just ignore her as hard as it is let it go into one ear and out the other, and when she calls pick up the phone and then hang up, I'm sorry and good luck
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 11:29 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• We could get some Mad Dog and hang out in my garage
    I've got a ping pong table
    Anonymous

• You just have to learn not to care what she says. I know that's really hard to do. I have done it. Once someone learns how to hurt you they just keep doing it. So just brush it off. Keep your head up. Kill her with kindness. Believe me it works. When you have a mommas boy believe me that's un up hill battle. But you need to find a way to tell him and make him see. Well good luck.

akmami0f4

Answer by akmami0f4 at 11:32 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Don't allow her to control your emotions. Ignore her. Next time she calls, humor her. Almost laugh at her. Feel sorry for this pathetic woman who has nothing better to do with her life than hurt you. Tell her you have better things to do than listen her miserable self whine, then hang up. My mom had to deal with the same thing. Before her stroke, she lived with her husband and his mother. (yikes) The women was miserable. Every day I'd get a call on how mean she was and every day, I'd say. "Why do you take her crap?" If she calls, don't answer.. Erase the message or save it for your husband and let him hear it. Tell him very clearly this is B.S. and you don't deserve this kind of abuse from his mother and if he's not going to stop it then you will. Then you go to her house (or phone) and tell the bitch to shove it up her ass. You'll feel better. :)
    CoolGirlChris

Answer by CoolGirlChris at 11:48 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I have some experience in that department. My MIL was almost the same way. The only thing I do when she gets so drunk, is just say AH HUH....I just let it roll off my shoulders. I agree with akmamiof4 to kill her with kindness. Don't change for her..don't try to WIN her acceptance. If she doesn't like you for who you are then that is her lose, not yours. My husband is not a mama's boy and he never takes her side for any reason..unless she is actually right..which is hardly ever. I would try to talk to your husband about getting her some help...maybe an intervention and treatment for alcoholics. (if she's an alcoholic). I know it's hard to deal with MIL's especially when they are like ours. You just have to keep your mind on you, your husband, and your child(ren). Do what's best for them and not her. If she doesn't like what you are doing then that is her problem. Good Luck!
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 11:50 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Remember she's drunk..tell her to call u when she's sober, and if she can't say something nice, don't say nothing at all!!!
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 12:11 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• My best advice would be to ignore her. Don't answer the phone, don't listen to her messages, and don't try to force your husband to choose between you and her. She is his mother.
    Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 9:10 AM on Jul. 8, 2009