diet help....im so hungrey

im starting a diet tomorrow and im always so freaking hungrey when i try to diet. what are some things that i can do to help me with this? and what are some dieting tips to help me stay motivated!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:33 PM on Jul. 7, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• Don't diet! Diets are temporary fixes. Unless you learn how to eat healthy for life, you will not be able to maintain a healthy weight and will stay on the gain/lose roller coaster. Drink at least 8 8oz glasses of water every day. Eat 6-7 servings of whole grains (brown rice, whole grain bread, etc.) every day. Eat 7-8 servings of fruits and vegetables every day, in at least 3 different colors. You will lose weight. You will maintain a healthy weight. You will get sick less often. You will be setting a wonderful example for your children. You can get free meal plans and recipes from Dr. McDougall, or find his books at your local library: http://www.drmcdougall.com/free.html
    Eat an apple or a big salad before meals. Feel free to contact me if you have questions or would like meal suggestions.

Answer by rkoloms at 11:37 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• i love the south beach diet, its more than a diet its a way of life, when i started i lost 30lbs in under 3 months... i went back to eating crap food when i got pregnant ans still havnet gotten back on the plan.. but i lvoe it!

feel free to pm me
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 11:48 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Drink water and eat fruits like watermelon and cantalope. Don't worry about counting calories, most of them you burn just doing house work.
    sarapurser

Answer by sarapurser at 12:05 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• Um ok. Diets don't work because you always feel like a failure if you go off them. Changing your way of living is what will work. Restrict your calories and increase your movement. That is not a diet, but a lifestyle change.
    It isn't going to be easy. In fact it is down right hard. You may be able to do it or you may not, just depends on YOUR willingness to succeed.
    If you are ready to succeed, you will.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 12:19 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• I agree with SusieD. Your mindset of a diet could be readjusted to think positively about what you are doing for you and your lifestyle. 26% of the population is now obese. 2/3 is overweight. Make a commitment to change your life, not go on a diet.

Focus on veggies, fruits and lean meats. Cut out white breads, cereals and sugar. Learn to love whole grains, steel cut oats, egg whites and protein drinks.

Try a new recipe every week.
    lynnard

Answer by lynnard at 1:03 AM on Jul. 9, 2009

• Oh... and I've lost 10 lbs in a year. Am I sad about that? No, not really. I did it slow and I didn't feel like I was on a diet. I gained a lot of muscle with working out and look like I've lost more. So slow going is not a bad thing because I changed my life.
    lynnard

Answer by lynnard at 1:04 AM on Jul. 9, 2009