How can i break my 5 month old from sleeping in my bed with me.........

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:36 PM on Jul. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Put them in their own bed to sleep.
    Anonymous

• put her/him in there bed, she might not like it at first but you just have to let her cry herself to sleep that is the only way it will work
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 11:48 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• What we did with Kaylee was:

put her into a cradle next to our bed. Your LO might be too big for that now, so the actual crib might be the answer. I made her sleep there for a month - in the mornings when she would wake up around 5am she was aloud to come sleep with me, but no earlier than that. During this time I made her take her naps in her crib, in her room.

After a month of that, I moved her into her own room. She did fine. I still brought her to bed with me at 5am, lol, because I missed her!! But that is what worked for us. A general weening of mommy's bed.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 11:51 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Great tips for this on drjaygordon.com. He doesn't recommend doing it before one year though...they tend to make lots of nighttime trips to your room if moved before they're really ready.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:30 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• Put them in the crib and let them cry it out. It was hard but it took maybe a week and she didn't cry over ten min. Now we all get sleep including her!
    Lauren24

Answer by Lauren24 at 12:33 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• There's really no need or benefit to making baby sleep alone. It's actually better and safer for them to sleep with you. Don't make him/her cry him/herself to sleep. That's not good for anyone, especially a helpless baby. You shouldn't force something like this. You could take off one side of the crib and put it right next to the bed for more space and semi self sleeping.
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 2:24 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• I don't recommend "letting your baby cry it out". Your baby needs to know that you are there and letting your baby cry that long just makes them feel lonely. Lay your baby in his/her own bed and see what happens... if the baby cries wait a minute then go in and try to pat him/her on the back.. talking to the baby and pickin him/her up will not benefit you in the long run. Soon enough your baby will understand that thats where he/she needs to sleep. Letting them cry it out is the worst thing you could do.
    TheyRmyworld801

Answer by TheyRmyworld801 at 12:52 PM on Jul. 9, 2009