how can I get my little girl to not be so upset when she wakes up from a nap.

My little girl just made 3 and she never went threw a bad 2 stage like i thought she would but wow now that she is 3 everything has changed. The worse time is when she wakes up from a nap. she is so upset and no matter what is said she has something negative to say back to it and it goes on for about an hour and or all day she is my first and last child so i do spoil her a little bit but i do play the bad guy too. And i am also haveing trouble with her not showing her daddy any love . when i am not around she tells him she loves him and kisses him and all that but as soon as i walk in the house she turns away from him...What do i do

kaylynnsmom12

Asked by kaylynnsmom12 at 11:45 PM on Jul. 7, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I know exactily what you are going through my youngest girl sounds just like yours. How I got my girl's attitude changed EVERY TIME she even started being rude or attitude starts. I ask her if she needs to go in a cool down spot(another room). If she say's no then I just walk away but if she continues then I just pick her up and take her to my room; I do not say anything to her when I put her in the room.
    My older girl did not talk to her dad for over 3 months when he came back from over sea's and still to this day wich it is 2 years later she still does not like to stay with her dad very often or ask/talk to him very much. Just don't make too big of deal over it just continue to leave your child with dad, when you return always ask her so what fun things did you and dad do? good luck
    Tdaycare6678

Answer by Tdaycare6678 at 4:12 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• put her in time out or send her to her room, you need to set some ground rules or else they will walk all over you now and later, good luck
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 11:53 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• when my son wakes up crabby, i leave him in his room and tell him he can come out when he calms down. if he comes out before he's calm, i take him back to his room. sometimes he just needs a little "wake up" time. who doesn't though? :)

don't know about the dad thing though...sorry
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 11:58 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• thanks girl ill try it
    kaylynnsmom12

Answer by kaylynnsmom12 at 10:34 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• My DD just turned 3 and the minute she gets all whiney, crying, crabby I put her in her room and tell her she can come out when she is ready to be nice. Sometimes she just needs some quiet time to herself to get in a better mood. As for the daddy thing you could try saying things like "I think daddy needs a hug let's go give daddy a hug!" DD and I always go wake up daddy together and we both give him hugs and kisses, showing her that I love daddy too!
    MammaMcC

Answer by MammaMcC at 1:37 PM on Jul. 8, 2009