Anyone out there have a pre-nup before getting married?

How did it make you feel? Were you satisfied that in spite of the pre-nup that you were taken care of in the event you outlive him and he leaves some inheritance to his grown kids?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:47 PM on Jul. 7, 2009 in Relationships

• Nope, we didn't. :)
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 11:49 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I would never sign one nor would I ask someone to sign one...It would feel like some sort of business agreement and not a marriage. I feel that you should trust the person you're marrying with EVERYTHING, especially something as meaningless as money. If you can't be trusted with that or trust somebody else with that than you shouldn't be marrying that person. JMO of course.

I will say that this is easy for me to say, because I have no money and either does my husband.
    Anonymous

• were not married yet but we will sign a pre-nup, only because he owns a business, and we also own one togehter.. its strictly about the businesses, not personal aspects
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 11:51 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Nope. Never thought of it.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 11:53 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• There's more to most pre-nups than JUST money. Hubby and I made one out together before we married. All it says as far as money is that anything that was mine before we married would be mine in case of divorce and vice-versa. The main part of ours stated the terms of custody and support regarding our children in case of a divorce. We didn't look at it as planning for a divorce, for both of us marriage is forever, but we both come from broken homes and know how hard something like that can be on the kids especially when they are being fought over and pulled back and forth. So while we were both clear headed and getting along and able to think about ONLY what was best for the kids without any emotions getting in the way, we spelled it out and signed it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:02 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• We don't have shit anyways money wise what would we fight over our weekly paychecks ummmm nope we don't need one lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:30 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• I had one and was so glad I did. I got married when I was 23 my parents knew he was a slime ball and was marrying me for my money. I had inherited my grandparents full estate it was in the millions. I got an allowance and at 30 got full access to my money. My parents begged me to have him sign a prenup. I agreed my husband signed it reluctantly he almost didn't marry me over it. We were married 3 years and I found him in bed with a man. He married me for my money and when we divorced he tried to get money from me. He got zilch thanks to my prenup.

When I married my current husband he willingly signed and the past 15 years we have not thought about it. He is a surgeon and makes really good money on his own. We have joint accounts and our seperate accounts. It is not a big deal to either of us anymore. If you have assets it is smart to have one. My family money should stay in my family.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:38 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• Pre-nups are important if either of you have money, stocks, real estate holdings, or anything else worth something before you get married. And anyone who refuses to sign one isn't worth marrying.

Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 9:06 AM on Jul. 8, 2009