Anyone had a uterine ablation

What can I expect recovery wise? Also do u have any problems now from having it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:53 PM on Jul. 7, 2009 in Health

• I had one on April 1, I am very happy with it. It was just day surgery, but I was put under. I really had no pain, they gave me a Rx for T3's, I took two the first night because my hubby insisted, but I really didn't feel I needed it Extra strength tylenol was all I needed for pain management and I didn't even need anything by the next day. As for bleeding, it wasn't too bad, I needed a pad for a few days, then it tapered down to very little, but it did drag on for about 3 weeks, and a friend of mine had one about a month later and she bled for about as long. But it was more like spotting, nothing a panty liner couldn't handle, after the first few days. Like I said I am very happy I had it done, I haven't had a period since, though I do still get pms since everything is still intact, it's just that they remove or cauterize the lining of your uterus. Are you having an iud put in as well?
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 1:28 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• nope. Im having a tubal at the same time. My periods are so bad that she recommended this since Im in no way having more kids. Thanks!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:46 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• My mom had one, it was painful for a few days but she's happy that she did it. Her periods are pretty much non-existitant now.
    Anonymous