Ok, I know my belly may not ever look the same but...

how long did it take for your belly to shrink back to SOMEWHAT normal? I know it's probably different for everyone but I'm just curious...thanks :)

stepmom929

Asked by stepmom929 at 11:57 PM on Jul. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• hahahaha...let's just say i've went down 3 pant sizes since i've had my dd and i still have the skin flab, (someone once called it an "apron" lol) and still got the stretch marks too. good luck
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 12:01 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• Eh...maybe about 6-8 weeks or so. Those first three months were so strange, I wasn't very much aware of my body. At that point I thought I was skinny as hell because I was finally rid of the HUGE baby belly, haha.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 12:01 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• I'm wondering the same thing. I had my second baby 3 weeks ago and I'm thinking my stomach will be the hardest to get back to "normal". My babies are 18.5 months apart and my second child is a boy and made my stomach hang so much lower. My stomach seriously looks like I lost 100 pounds and now it just sags. How sad. Oh-well. On Friday, I will start counting calories and go on a gluten free diet (since i've become allergic to wheat). I breastfeed too, so hopefully that helps. Good luck to you, if you've found out a way to get a flat stomach, let me know!
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 12:19 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• It took probably a good 3-4 mos. My DD is now 4 mos. and my belly looks the same, other than the slight swelling I still have around my c-section incision. Keep in mind this is my first child and I did exercise a lot while pregnant, but for those who told me I would never look the same, they were wrong.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 2:35 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• 4 months
    pinkgemini85

Answer by pinkgemini85 at 7:50 PM on Jul. 8, 2009