Are landlords suppose report...

Are landlords suppose report drug dealings out of their apartments? My landlord knows that people renting out one of his places are drug dealers but he does nothing about it, I live next door to the people and they have people in and out at all hours and no one is there longer then 5 mins. All he says is there’s nothing he can do but he accepts the money they make dealing as rent money so isn't he supporting them? I no longer feel safe in my own place I've lived here for going on 3 years and now I'm forced to fine a different place to live so I feel safe again and raise my child in a safer environment

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:58 PM on Jul. 7, 2009 in Home & Garden

• well, sure, he should report it if he knows about it, but so should you.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 11:59 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I agree with Carolyn--you should be doing something about this. Don't pass it off on your landlord. Start recording times & dates & license plate numbers if you can get them. The police may already know about the house & are waiting for more information. Yes, your landlord should be doing something but it is also up to you to take a stand for your family. Good luck.
    funnyface1204

Answer by funnyface1204 at 12:01 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• He should be very concerned because most states are able to seize the home of any busted drug dealings. In fact the house I live in used to be 1 that a guy was dealing out of and the city as well as the state forced him to sell the house and pay tens of thousands in fines. Ultimately the owner is the one who will foot this bill even if he is not involved, but if he is refusing to do something about it, it makes me wonder if he's not involved as well. Call the police EVERY time you suspect this is going on. You will get somewhere, I promise!
    TCliffman

Answer by TCliffman at 12:09 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• I have there was an investigation but nothing else and all my landlord says is oh well he don't care. How can I feel safe living here when no one cares what goes on here the last dealers in the neighborhood got put in jail but theses people just seem to get everyone kissing their ass its not right that after almost 3 years I have to move my family for people that have lived next door for 2 months

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:09 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• He's really old and his wife is in bad health and they need the money to make ends meet but he's sacrificing my family'ssafety and I even told him that I can fine someone to move in there that won't cause trouble but he was in a hurry to rent to damn place out, what makes me the maddest is that I pay my rent on time and these people have to pay when they can and he don't make a fuss or even care that I pay my rent every month on time I take it to him (they make him come get it) and he's not willing to help my family out by getting this problem taken care of. This man has been like a father to me and a grandpa to my daughter it makes me so sad

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:14 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• If you are aware of illegal activities,you should call 911

Answer by rkoloms at 12:21 PM on Jul. 8, 2009