When you die...

do you have a written plan for body care, funeral wants, and burial wants?? Does your faith affect these wants?

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 12:03 AM on Jul. 8, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Eh, I don't have a written plan or anything. I try not to think about that sort of thing right now, I'm only 20. But I do want to be cremated. I want to let as many people know as possible. I don't want God mentioned in my funeral at all. I don't want some religious mumbo jumbo all over my funeral when I am not a religious person myself, yanno? Kind of negates my purpose here. I want to be cremated because honestly, I can't bear the thought of what happens to human bodies after death. Yuck.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 12:05 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• Honestly, no....if I died tomorrow Eric would be up a creek because he wouldn't know what I would want.

Of course as of right now, I don't know what I want.

And no...religion/beliefs are no factor in my decision making.

anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 12:06 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• I told DH that I am an organ donor so give away what you can burn the rest. My religion doesnt have restrictions on those things.
    GoddessHeatherM

Answer by GoddessHeatherM at 12:08 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• should get one. you know how much money that costs your family if you dont..
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 12:26 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• I agree with GoddessHeather. Give away any organs that can be used and have the rest of my body cremated. (sp?). My religion is not what helped me make this choice. Although thinking about it, it is probably more appropriate for my religion then a casket would be.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 1:01 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• Did you know that if your family donates your organs that your family is the one that pays for the surgery? Little tidbit there.

For my plans? I want the biggest block party kegger/wake ever thrown!! I'd really love to be set adrift on a boat and have the whole thing set ablaze..but they won't let you do that anymore.

The basic plan is that I am going to be cremated and put into a jar to sit next to my dogs jar on my bookshelf. When DH crosses....the boys will have instructions that they are to put him in the jar with me. We know that at some time in the past we were handfasted for all time...and both of us have memories of being married before, only makes sense our ashes stay together. And it was his idea, he's so sweet. He knows I hate sleeping alone!
    daisy521

Answer by daisy521 at 1:04 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• i just want to stay with my family.
    we have life insurance policies, about 240,000.

but i hope i never see that money
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 1:07 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• I don't have a plan, I have expressed my desires to my husband, but not in a formal way. It is something I just put off doing. As far as my faith affecting my decisions, not about what to do with my body after death. I am a born again Christian. Once my body dies, my spirit will be with Christ. Any organs that can be used should be, but only to save lives not for expirimentation. I wish to be cremated. No use taking up too much of God's wonderful planet and spending much too much for a fancy casket, etc. for a body that is used up. The real me is not my body, that is just a vessel for the real "stuff", a tool if you will. I do have some specific songs and passages that I would like sung and read. I want my death to honor my Lord as I hope my life has. I want people to feel free to cry, to laugh, to remember, to be together in the way they need to at that time.
    So that's it.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 3:00 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• i dont believe in funerals etc..mourning is for the living not the dead, so i dont care what happens to my body etc...thats up to my family.

necro1134

Answer by necro1134 at 10:04 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• Well....I am listed as an organ donor. Those should be given to who can use them, I won't be needing them anymore. I wish to be cremated. There are living folks that could use the land that my burial plot would take up. Haven't really set out a formal plan on what to do with the ashes yet, but I don't really suppose that in the long run it matters. I have a few ideas though. There is a place that makes diamonds out of the carbon from the ashes, that is a cool thought. There is another service that places the ashes in a "casting" to be put at the bottom of the ocean in man-made reef of similar castings to help rebuild the ocean. I like the thought of that as well. Need to get around to formal written plans, but hubby has a general idea if he should need to exercise it before I do get it written out.
    lucindamartinez

Answer by lucindamartinez at 10:50 AM on Jul. 8, 2009