Are you an organ donor?

I am.

Once I'm gone I'm not going to need any of it, so why not give it to someone who does?

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 12:10 AM on Jul. 8, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Yes I am. I hope there is something in me that may help someone else. I can't see any reason not to donate my organs, I won't need them when I am dead.
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 12:11 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• Yes
    LuvBug3

Answer by LuvBug3 at 12:11 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• Yup :) I wasn't for a long time and then I decided that was silly, lol
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 12:13 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• yep so many people benefit from just one organ donor and really... im dead i don't need it!
    GoddessHeatherM

Answer by GoddessHeatherM at 12:13 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• Yes.
    I find it interesting though that my mother is not. She was a social worker for the dialysis unit of a hospital. She says that the quality of life these people have after getting the transplant is terrible and not worth the time they waste hoping to get one.
    I do not agree with her obviously.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 12:14 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• Nope.
    sarapurser

Answer by sarapurser at 12:16 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• ahhh, let's see, I'm nearly legally blind, i have a heart murmur, STILL have acne at 26, and cancer, diabetes obesity, and heart disease run in my family...Why curse someone else with these craptastic organs?? I'd be pissed if I was blind and got me as an eye donor...Have this surgery then "oh, I was blind...And now...I'm only slightly less blind and have to wear coke-bottle glasses and still can't see jack. THANKS DONOR!!!"

I know, I'm a smart ass. But seriously, I wouldn't want my organs.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:24 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• Anon hopefully I won't get your organs if I buy the farm..LOL
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 12:27 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• I am, but then somebody told me that if you're in an accident the police/emt's will save you LAST, because there is such a high demand for organs, BUT then my rational side kicks in and I think....Do they really have time to check and see if I'm an organ donor in the mess of an accident?

So yeah, I guess I will remain an organ donor.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:29 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• Anon:24 you can always donate organs to help med students study disease. I don't get the sarcastic answer.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 12:29 AM on Jul. 8, 2009