Son was with friend when friend was busted for pot?!

I got a call from my mom saying an officer was at her house and wanted to talk to me about my son. He was with a friend that got arrested for pot. An off duty officer seen this young man buying pot. My son was not with him when it happened but with him when he was arrested for it. My son was searched as well, he was scared poopless, and I bout died when I got the news of what happened. How would you handle this? BTW, I know the officer that came to my house to let me know about what happened and that my son was not in any trouble but he wanted me to know about what happened.

ronjwake

Asked by ronjwake at 12:16 AM on Jul. 8, 2009 in Just for Fun

• If it was my son, I would consider him guilty:( Guilt by association sucks, but it's the way it is...I imagine he was going to smoke it with him.

Just think back when you were that age! Or maybe you weren't like that. When I got busted and my friends got off, it pissed me off because they were doing the same thing I was doing I just happened to have it on me and vice versa...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:25 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• Don't let your son hang out with him anymore. I would also be royally pissed that my son was hanging out with someone who does that. As long s I can control and teach my son who to be friends with then I will. Once he is out of the house then I really have no say.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 12:35 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• Gigi this boy is a classmates of my son. They know each other from school and every once in awhile talk. I am in shock more then anything. My son is beyond shock.
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 12:46 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• if that was my son i would have him tested to see if he has it in his system kids can lie about things and some parents believe them im not saying hes like that but wouldnt it make u feel better to now that he wasnt lying to you? heck i lied to my mom and she believed me so.....
    mama2my2boys

Answer by mama2my2boys at 12:53 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• Well, I would hope that this experience scared him to the point of never wanting to smoke pot for fear of being searched! Be honest with him and ask him outright if he's been smoking it. Then, talk with him about the people he keeps company with. You can't force him to stop hanging out with kids because all it's going to do is cause him to sneak around or do stuff at school, but you can make him think twice about who he's hanging around.
    beadingmom17

Answer by beadingmom17 at 12:59 AM on Jul. 8, 2009