Would you live a better life without tv?

I have often considered getting rid of tv all together. Something is wrong with our cable connection and I don't even miss it that much. I am really toying with getting rid of it all together. Could you live without tv? Would you want to? What about your family?

Nathskitten

Asked by Nathskitten at 12:46 AM on Jul. 8, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My husband works graveyard, as did I before I got moved to day shift. we considered TV a waste of time that we could be spending being more productive or relaxed. We think it's a waste of money to have cable. We have internet and one tv in the living room for the "every-so-often" movie. We've been living this way since we met 4 years ago. So far, so good.
    Marri357

Answer by Marri357 at 3:54 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• ohhh i wouldnt want to live without a tv..i dont think i could..lol..i think id go insane! tv is ME time! ooooooooh the thought of losing it makes me shake..hahahaha! like i was at work tonight, i worked til 8...so i wouldnt get home til abot 830 and around 7 i was like SHIIIIIIIIT i forgot to program my shows into the tv to tape!! and i got sooo sad!! luckily there was nothing on tonight that i had to tape...but..with big brother comin on in a couple days, if i miss one of those..ooooooooooh boy!!!!!! i remember a few years ago our power was out at her house and the neighborhood for 3 days straight!! maaaaaan that was a long 3 days!!! yaaa i couldnt live without tv!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 12:58 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• yes but we are addicts and can't get rid of it.
    mrsjonzy

Answer by mrsjonzy at 12:58 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• I think society as a whole has gone down the tubes literally with TV. I know as a child I watched very little TV, as my son watches very little TV. I would much rather my family do something active then to be couch potatoes.
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 12:59 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• Geez!!!!! OK yes, I hate to say it but yes. I think I would be so bored I would detail clean my house and probably even paint it!
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 1:03 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• we honestly dont watch tv a movie once in a while but we dont even have cable just internet
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 1:03 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• We could survive. I admit, though, that it's a great distraction when I'm trying to get my kids to wind down a bit, but when we first moved into our place, we went a good couple of weeks with no TV. We had movies, sure, but no cable. We lived....we found Nemo about a million times, but we lived :)
    beadingmom17

Answer by beadingmom17 at 1:08 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• I can live without it, but I like having the weather channel around especially when we are having severe storms. Sorry the radio just doesn't compete with TV for radar and updated info.
    Lesli

Answer by Lesli at 1:11 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• We lived for over a year without a T. V. I would say it was the best year of our lives. We spent time as a family, and enjoyed each others company. The kids read more, and were less cranky not sure if this was from not having the T.V. or what. But our lives where much more peaceful. Right now we have a t.v but we have no cable so there is not a lot on. I would love to get rid of it again

abellvalerie

Answer by abellvalerie at 1:13 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• I could live without it. It eats away so much of my time. I think Dh would be totally lost without it. I would be good if I could get a good book in. I love my soap operas.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:41 AM on Jul. 8, 2009