when were you able to see the sex of your baby (for sure)

i would like to know cuz i cant wait and the doc would like to do a u/s early just cuz of some thing in my family but she said we can wait till im 5 months if i would like. but if i dont have to i dont want to. how many weeks till i know for sure. cuz i dont wanna go in too early and find out its a girl and go back a month later and find out its a boy.(if i can even do that) when did you find out what it was for sure ? or how early can i find out?

de_sly

Asked by de_sly at 1:01 AM on Jul. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• 18 weeks but to know for sure you would have to wait until baby is born
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:05 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• The earliest they will tell you is about 16 weeks, but I would not trust that! My aunt went for an u/s at 17 weeks and was told she was having a girl. When she was about 25 weeks she went to L&D with some complications and they did an u/s to check out what was going on and they said "your little boy looks perfect," she'd already gotten soooo much girl stuff and had started decorating the nursery pink. I found out at 21 weeks. If I were you, I'd wait as long as possible. It's hard but it's not worth making the mistake. Wouldn't you rather wait and find out for sure?
    javila

Answer by javila at 1:05 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• they usually check 18 - 20 weeks
    but i agree you will have to wait til birth to know for sure 100 %
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 1:06 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• I found out at 19 weeks and the doctor and the ultrasound tech said that it;s a boy FOR SURE, no doubts about it. She said it was rare that they could be so positive about it, but that's it's positively a boy. He had his little legs spread as wide as could be, and we got an upward views (as if he was sitting on a glass tabletop and we were looking up from underneath) and you could see his penis and testicles so clearly is was crazy, lol.
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 1:08 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• I found out at 16 weeks at the ER. And I found out by my doctor at 20 weeks!

its a boy

Alysia_Moore

Answer by Alysia_Moore at 1:12 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• there is some sort of test online. you recieve a kit and i do not remember whether is was blood or urine and you send it back and they send you the results. it was pretty early on in the pregnancy that you could find out. i was going to do it but i procrastinated and i had the ultrasound to find out in a few more weeks. the test was a little pricey. i do not remember how much exaclty, maybe 150-300. not sure. the test detects the sex hormone??
    mollysmom76

Answer by mollysmom76 at 1:42 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• yea i saw that, i found out that they are not always right. so whats the point of wasting your money?. but thanks for trying to help
    de_sly

Answer by de_sly at 2:02 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• i found out like 5 months i would say not any earlier than 4 and a half months.
    makpac_19

Answer by makpac_19 at 2:21 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• The development has completed enough to know for sure is 20 weeks, maybe just maybe early as 16 weeks. I know it's hard to wait. Hang in there!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 3:23 PM on Jul. 8, 2009