itchy butt baby

Ok ladies you are probably going to laugh but... (excuse the pun!!)

DD has always had huggies nappies (yes I know that cloth is best but i don't have the stomach for it).. Anyway I've just changed washing powders which seems to have solved 1 issue for DD who has always scratched like crazy since birth (and has eczema).. Changing powders seems to have helped the scratching however... DD is still scratching her butt whenever she is naked.. She leaves red marks on her buttocks and around the top of the crack .. I'm wondering if it's just a habit thing or if it's actually itchy. She has no nappy rash or anything.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:34 AM on Jul. 8, 2009 in Kids' Health

• Maybe put aquaphor on her but after a bath....thats what i use on my dd excema
    Reshel

Answer by Reshel at 12:57 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• A friend of mine had the same problem...she used the "ABC" product line from Arbonne. Her baby's skin healed and the itchyness stopped within 2 days. I found that using a botanical based cream/lotion is better than mineral oil based products. Hope this helps!
    1arbonnerep

Answer by 1arbonnerep at 6:31 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• i'll try that thanks
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:34 AM on Jul. 9, 2009