any tips on NOT getting stretch marks?

i already use the palmers tummy butter and im only like 11 weeks...but im not for sure if it will work too great!

EheartsZ07

Asked by EheartsZ07 at 1:41 AM on Jul. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• cant avoid geting strech marks when u are prego. believe me i have done everything i can do avoid them. its all part of being prego!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:42 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• Its heredatory sweetie. some people are lucky and some arent! tummy butter will lighten them to your skin color thats what I use and they are my skin color now instead of the dark purple they are now. BUT NEVER GET DEHYDRATED! ALWAYS drink lots of water during the day! It will help your skin from hurting and itching. and it will help them blend better after the baby is born! GL!
    Alysia_Moore

Answer by Alysia_Moore at 1:51 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• Theyre is absolutely no avoiding it if its in your genes. You may get lucky, but if your mom got them, you will. Try not to gain TOO much weight, as the bigger you get the more your skin will stretch, but make sure you still gain a healthy amount to keep the baby safe.
    Mederma, and Trilastin SR have helped my stretch marks, to the point where i can wear a bikini and people dont notice them, but this was after labor.
    redderbedder

Answer by redderbedder at 2:12 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• Its pretty much going to happen one way or the other, if you already have stretch marks then you'll have them in your pregnancy. Just keep your weight under control and it will help some!!!! I use Palmers too and so far no stretch marks except on my breast where they have grown so much. 12 weeks to go for me!!!!
    GeorgiaSun

Answer by GeorgiaSun at 3:30 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• I DONT THINK ITS HEREDATY AT ALL... MY MOM, AUNT, AND GRANDMA NEVER GOT ONE AND THEY ALL HAVE AT LEAST 2 KIDS. BUT I GOT THEM BAD. I USED COCO BUTTER 3 TIMES A DAY... DIDNT WORK. AND I DIDNT EVEN GET THAT BIG. I HAVE ONLY GAIN 30 LBS IM DUE IN 6 DAYS. I JUST THINK ITS YOUR OWN BODY AND HOW MUCH IT CAN BE STRETCHED HONESTLY. I AM GOING TO BUY MEDERMA AFTER HE COMES OUT AND SEE IF THAT HELPS BUT WE WILL SEE... GOOD LUCK AND I HOPE U DONT GET THEM
    ALLIE637

Answer by ALLIE637 at 7:32 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• I was told using a lot of lotion with collagen and elastin can help, as the elastin helps your skin be a little more stretchy... Good luck!
    armymom2007

Answer by armymom2007 at 12:25 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• every woman in my family has gotten stretch marks and they didn't have very big babies.... I have a a huge baby and I'm still 3 weeks from my due date, and still no stretch marks.... I used that coco butter from the very minute I found out I was pregnant.that way my skin could build up its elasticity.. especially right after you get out of the shower... I literally caked it on then put on an undershirt so it wouldn't go through my the rest of my shirts.... I would say staying hydrated would make sense but I have been the worst model for that... and try not to gain too much weight too fast... oh and Don't scratch your belly when it starts to get itchy... that is probably the hardest part.... I could be totally wrong and I'm sure there are going to be moms on here who will tell me that I am but it's what worked for me... so far haha Good Luck

jachelle

Answer by jachelle at 4:14 PM on Jul. 8, 2009