can making the wrong kind of movement do any damage??

like twisting and turning or bending over...sometimes i get cramps when i make certain movements and i just dont want to hurt the baby.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:04 AM on Jul. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Your Dr will probably advise you not to do too much lifting and stretching, but for the most part, if its a normal healthy pregnancy, its kinda like Fort Knox in there for the baby. The cramps and little twinges you may be experiencing are usually pretty normal! Your muscles are made to stretch out soo far already just for being pregnant! Unless its super super painful, causes bleeding or the pain doesnt go away, I wouldnt be too worried about it!! I've had 3 healthy babiesand can tell ya, you will feel some of the most odd unfamiliar and uncormortable little pains/cramps/twinges/bumps/etc during pregnancy then any other time in your life!! Good Luck and Dont Sweat it Too Much!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:17 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• I know what you mean! I'm pregnant with number 2 and sometimes when I bend over it just craps. Like a huge charlie horse in my baby maker. I just stand all hunched over until it stops. lol. I don't see my doctor until next week, I will be asking. If I remember right I felt the same thing during my first pregnancy too. I just hate it because I get so "What was that!" lol. Today I sneezed and thought I popped something. lol. Anyhow I feel fine after it every time. I'm pretty positive its normal. Good luck.
    LucasMama08

Answer by LucasMama08 at 2:22 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• Sometimes when I'm cleaning or something where I'm twisting and bending a lot, I'll get pain in my abdomen. Feels like the round ligament pain. I don't think I'm hurting the baby at all, I think it's just my body's way of saying - hey lady slow down a little! So I'll rest and drink some water and then continue on at a slower pace.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 12:13 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• damage to the baby? Probobly not, there protected in that little womb of yours. However, not only do you have to slow down a bit when your stetching but, also if your hurting, you're more likely to cause a cramp or some kind of sorness. We pregnant women are more likely to pull something, in our back, legs or stomach if we're not careful.
    If you are concerned about the type of stretching, bending or lifting you're doing it's always good to inform your doctor and get some input. Good luck to you!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 3:04 PM on Jul. 8, 2009