2nd hand smoke while pregnant?

im 12 weeks pregnant. i used to smoke and when i found out i was pregnant i slowed down and finally i quit...i havent had a ciggarette in like 3 weeks now!! but the smell of smoke makes me soo sick now! i cant stand to be around it. my boyfriend and his mother smoke, and the mother smokes one after another!! they dont understand and i guess they thing im a titty baby bc i leave the room or cover my nose when they smoke! but i dont wanna get sick and i dont wanna hurt my baby, if so i wouldnt have quit myself!! what can i do???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:08 AM on Jul. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Well if they live there there's not alot you can do but keep expressing your feelings about it and keep letting them know it makes you sick! I know what you man by it making you sick, I did that with my 2ed daughter and god it was awful!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:40 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• Because of my mother smoking while she was pregnant, I had really really bad asthma when I was little. I use to have to sleep with a mask on cause I couldnt really breath. But now its gone
    katsogrimey

Answer by katsogrimey at 8:08 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• That's awesome you quit smoking for you and your baby. If you live with it, there's not much you can do but voice your concerns. Luckily I have nobody around me that smokes. If I do I politly say not to do around me or I will have to leave. I've avoided smoke so far. But, I'm very aganist smoking especially being pregnant or being around it, so I have no problem saying that it's not good for my baby. Good luck to you!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 2:31 PM on Jul. 8, 2009