• In the Spotlight:

Any Other Ideas???

Okay, my hair is sooo thick and dry. No matter what I do, I can't seem to get it to tame. It's like an afro if I don't constintely put hair products in it, then if I'm not careful, it looks greasy from having to use so many. I straighten it, which I know dries it out more but I need something inexpensive and something that works.. Any Ideas???
Oh tonight when I was in the shower, I doused it with conditioner (Like I do every night) but I left it in for 3 hours then went back and rinsed it. Seems to have worked a little...

LiSsY0924

Asked by LiSsY0924 at 2:46 AM on Jul. 8, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• you shouldn't wash your hair everyday but you can condition it everyday, I noticed that swave (not sure about the spell) conditioner works great I know it's cheap but it makes my hair much softer then some of the more spendy stuff
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 2:50 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• I like Suave. The new kind. It works well. Today I bought that new Herbal Essences stuff with the swirls in it. Thank you!
    LiSsY0924

Answer by LiSsY0924 at 3:39 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• hey girl- i have an afro too!! more like oprahs curly fro. i use pantene shampoos only and wash every other day. follow with a good quality leave in conditioner and i comb my hair in the shower to reduce the breakage. put a towel on my head for about 30 minutes after washing to lock the conditioner in and that usually does the trick. on some days i use frieda's hair serum on the ends and follow with a hair spray to lock that in on humid days.
    i feel for ya, hair like this is alot of work!!
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 7:43 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• I worked in a salon so I had the pros advising me on my white girl fro. I use almost all redken products. I use all soft shampoo, heavy cream conditioner, antisnap, straightening cream (these are all redken) and then i straighten in sections. before straightening I use a heat protectant spray ( only a light mist, if you use a lot it looks greasy). If you only use one of these, use the spray, that is what works best for me. I love it and you can get it cheap, im sure at like even walmart or something.
    h_anne88

Answer by h_anne88 at 11:31 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• oh also i only shampoo every 3 days
    h_anne88

Answer by h_anne88 at 11:32 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• (hanne88)
    I'll have to try the Redken products. I LOVE the Design Line. I use their shampoo and silk serum drops. I WISH I could only shampoo every 3 days, but my hair gets soo greasy sooooo fast that I have to wash it either every day or sometimes every other day. Do you have any tips on how to make it grow faster? I cut it off in like, a really short bob that gets shorter in the back (but not dykey short) and I want it to grow back out but my ends get so fried that it wont grow and if it does, I have to get it cut again to get the dead ends off .

THANKS MOMS!!!
    LiSsY0924

Answer by LiSsY0924 at 12:34 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• (jewjewbee)
    I LOVE Pantene products too. Although, with my hair, Pantene does the same thing to my hair as Herbal Essences does and it's cheaper. Pantene works to make my hair really really soft, but doesn't like, tame it. I seriously have the worst hair ever!!! HAHA
    LiSsY0924

Answer by LiSsY0924 at 12:36 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• I LOVE pantene Icy Smooth conditioner. I straighten my hair every other day and this makes my hair feel so smooth and soft. None of the other pantene's do the job like the icy smooth!
    neha525

Answer by neha525 at 6:34 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• Ill try that! Thank you!
    LiSsY0924

Answer by LiSsY0924 at 12:16 PM on Jul. 19, 2009