so much pain ,please answer

I am 38 weeks and three days and right now im have these pains in my baack and stomach that are very sharp i cant stand it . I'm not thinking they are contractions because i dont feel tightening. But i just cant barely move what should i do? and is this just a part of late pregnancy??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:52 AM on Jul. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Not neccesarily. You could be having other issues as well. How long has this been going on? What else has been going on? Any diarrea? Does it happen after eating? Could be back labor.
    Get checked.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:54 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• If it is so painful that you can't stand it, it could def be contractions. Call the ER and tell them whats going on, or just go. I'd just go, if it isn't contractions, they won't think you wasted their time I promise.
    Anonymous

• I have had diarrea / and very very back pains for 3-4 days and my doctor just said it was normal i called them yesterday over it. and then tonight it is sharp pains in my stomache and back on top of the normal pains. but i dont think its contractions becausei have no tightening.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:59 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• You need to go to the ER. If you aren't in labor, it could be your gall bladder. It really does sound like gall bladder to me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:02 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• I had a labor and felt weird and sharp pains and I thought there's no way this is contractions and finally I couldn't take it anymore and went into L&d and I was dilated to a 5 and completely effaced, I had my DD 1 hour later! Every labor is different so go to the L&d and get checked out if you are not in labor there's something else going on hon! Good luck

SD777

Answer by SD777 at 3:04 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• I only had tightening when I was in full blown labor with my 2ed baby! It dose not sound right so go to L&D and demand them to find out what is going on!

SD777

Answer by SD777 at 3:08 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• well last time i was at the doctors i was already dilated to 3 and fully thinned. so maybe thats where the pain might be coming from? but thanks ladies , i called my boyfriend and he is getting off work to take me up there hopefully its just normal .
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:12 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• could be labor, or maybe a UTI. I hope you feel better
    EmKirk

Answer by EmKirk at 10:49 AM on Jul. 8, 2009