Baby with Eczema

My 12 week old daughter has an aweful eczema rash that is patchy all over her torso and even worse on her cheeks! Has anyone had this problem with their babies before? Does anyone have any remedies or special creams that they use that works well?

k2ski10

Asked by k2ski10 at 3:08 AM on Jul. 8, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Cetaphil lotion and soap. Change your laundry detergent because she could be allergic.
    KaceesMom

Answer by KaceesMom at 3:10 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• My 2ed DD had eczema real bad! I took her in for it and they gave me some cream for it, you can also go get that rub on benadryl and put on it. Oral benadryl helps to but it makes them so sleepy and you would have to get the dosage from the doctor to give her oral benadryl anyway! You can also get hydrocortozone cream to, it takes away he itching but she cant get it in her mouth so if you decide to do that I would put those baby mintons or put socks on her hands so she dont get it in her mouth! Good luck, Eczema is so hard for a baby to have, my baby was so cranky all of the time because she itched so bad, but there are things you can do for it! I would call her Doc in the morning and tell them what is going on and see if they cant get her some prescribed cream!!

SD777

Answer by SD777 at 3:21 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• Eczema has nothing to do with the laundry soap but I would definitely recommend you only use hypoallergenic LD and use the hypoallergenic soap when you give her baths! There is also hypoallergenic lotion you can use to! They say that if we use regular LD and soaps on baby's with Eczema that it could make the eczema worse but it really has nothing to do with the eczema, it just makes it worse! She may completely clear up but the next day be broken out again! I feel so sorry with baby's with eczema! Good luck hon

SD777

Answer by SD777 at 3:31 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• my son had that bad but he was allergic to his formula, once we switched him to soy it went away really quick. Does your daughter act really fussy or colicky? cause if so it might be a milk allergy. And if not your lucky but then i have no advice lol
    kelka24

Answer by kelka24 at 10:47 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• my daughter had terrible eczema on her cheecks for a couple of weeks when she was about a month old, i felt so bad for her and it looked very uncomfortable, but it took care of itself in a couple of weeks ... but now she gets random patches of it on her back (genetics suck sometimes lol), sometimes we use aquaphore for a couple of days and that works pretty well, sometimes we just let it go and it takes care of itself .. good luck !!!
    kayleighsmom_07

Answer by kayleighsmom_07 at 11:25 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• My now 5 year old had horrible eczema.. fortunately he out grew it.. but when i bathed him while he was still wet i would put a combination of baby lotion or vaseline mixed with baby oil.. it kept it smooth and kept it from oozing.. also try not to keep her too warm.. the heat makes it worse.. and bathe her every other day or skip 2 days.. you dont want it to get dried out.. she may grow out of it when she gets older or she may not.. as long as you keep it under control it should be ok. Good Luck
    TheyRmyworld801

Answer by TheyRmyworld801 at 12:40 PM on Jul. 9, 2009