Has our society become so JADED, that we don't believe in the goodness of Faith, Hope, and Charity? And we don't believe, has the world of the Computer had a hand in this?

wellsie

Asked by wellsie at 3:10 AM on Jul. 8, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• No I don't think it has. Hope, faith and charity still exist.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:11 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• Optimism still exists too.
    Anonymous

• Change the world. Sign off. :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:14 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• I believe there is still a lot of hope, people still have strong faith (in a variety of spiritual paths) and there are plenty of generous, helpful people. It all depends in how we view life.
    AnamCara1

Answer by AnamCara1 at 3:20 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• No the computer is not to blame. The days have grown more evil, as sin becomes stronger. And yet there is always hope to the believer.

By the way anon.s if you are so optimistic, why don't you use your names? Change the world, stand up for your own beliefs.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 3:21 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• Let's see, I'm a broke, depressed Atheist. Yep, totally the computer's fault.
    krisr169

Answer by krisr169 at 8:55 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• I believe in hope, charity, optimism . . . of course, my husband teases me about being the "eternal optimist". I think that the computer has taken away some similance of human interaction - instead of letters or phone conversations we now have email and text message, for example, but I don't think it has jaded anything other than our sense of humanity.
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 9:10 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• Faith, hope, charity and optimism still exist, though I have noticed that religions people tend to have a different understanding of these concepts than irreligious people.

Jovaiel

Answer by Jovaiel at 10:05 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• I agree with teamquinn.....There is always hope in the believer. Always. I don't blame the computer or technology in general. Some folks see the glass as half full, some see it as half empty, and engineers see it as built twice as large as it should have been to begin with.
    lucindamartinez

Answer by lucindamartinez at 10:54 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• That's funny. Because of my autism, I have a hard time interacting with people in my real-life. Most of them have never been able to look past the things that make me weird and different to see anything we might actually have in common. I have never been worth dealing with in any way past tormenting and shunning -- or help with homework. The few friends I have offline are ones who never see me as someone to do stuff with -- but to sure tell all about the stuff they did/do with their other friends. Online, I have found a whole new world, and supportive, encouraging caring friends who have said and done things for me I could NEVER in a million years have imagined happening to me offline. Would it be so different if we had met in "real life"? I doubt it, because that's simply the frame of reference I have to go by. But thanks to the computer, I have true friends for the first time ever.
    roachiesmom

Answer by roachiesmom at 5:47 PM on Jul. 8, 2009