Fussy during daytime feedings

My 12 week old is very fussy during her daytime feedings and then her night feedings she guldps down. She used to sleep through the night but now she wakes up through the night to eat and I think it is because she will not eat much during the day! Has anyone else ever had this problem? What to do?

k2ski10

Asked by k2ski10 at 3:16 AM on Jul. 8, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I have had the same issue in the past!

Try a couple things I tried to see if this helps:

Try and mimic how you feed her at night: if it is in the rocking chair, in bed, etc., with the lights off or whatever - try and make it as dark as possible, shut the blinds and the door... Turn off the TV, the music, anything that may distract her. She may just be trying to figure out what is going on in the world and not focusing on eating!

She could also be going through a growth spurt, which will account for the greedy night feeding. Also, if she is breast fed, then frequent night feedings will continue until she is older, especially through growth spurts.
    vdecker

Answer by vdecker at 3:30 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• I was going to say the same as the PP. Sounds like a growth spurt to me, and this is about the time they go through one. If you are breastfeeding, nurse as long.often as your baby wants. It will pass in a few days!
    ArmyMom2oneboy

Answer by ArmyMom2oneboy at 12:04 PM on Jul. 8, 2009