HELP:( :O

I have been in a state of major confusion (not enough to NOT take care of my kids)..getting VERY depressed..I have made a TERRIBLE mistake. I filed for divorce over a year ago. I (we) have 2 beautiful children . 14 yr daughter, 10 son. I lived with a man for 20 years who is manipulative, controling, handsome, charming, demeaning, suffers from depression/ bipolar disorder and abnormal sexual behavior. THrough the separation I have been seeing someone who I thought was my "soul mate" (SO cliche) ANYway, the grass is NOT greener. AS a matter of fact, it is ASTROturf, NOT good. My son adores him. The divorce is not final until fall. What have I done? I am a very intelligent, talented artist, musician, very good with people (yeah, I know, ha ha) I enabled my husband to treat me badly. I've done all the counseling..blah blah. I realize after all this time and several relationships that I need to be on my own. ANYone been there?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:03 AM on Jul. 8, 2009 in Relationships

• If you need to be on your own then thats probably best...explain to your "soul mate" that you can still be friends but right now your trying to "find yourself" and you'd rather be alone..assure him there will still be a connection and possibly a future relationship but right now isn't the best time for that GL
    justinsmommie09

Answer by justinsmommie09 at 5:07 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• We all make mistakes. I too have a history of choosing dicks as partners. I got married last May to someone diagnosed as bipolar, and it is no picnic. I am considering cutting loose now instead of waiting in misery/ecstasy for a few more years. It is embarrassing. It hurts. I still think he is my soulmate, but I just can't live in this chaos and craziness anymore. I'm afraid of choosing another one that fits the pattern of all my past relationships if I am so inclined to enter into another relationship again. You deserve to be happy. Your son will be fine. I know that many people stay in relationships long after their expiration date, but the sooner you let go, the sooner the healing can begin and you can move forward unencumbered.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 9:16 AM on Jul. 8, 2009